Class of 2022 - PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Maliq Brown (VA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn’t strike me as an instant impact player. Solid contributor as an upper classman. I’m not sure that happens anymore. If the coaches want him, then I want him and I would love to be wrong.

is their a glossary for non pay members...so when initials, nicknames, family members are used to identify...we actually can nknow whats posted

Bit of a nugget in there, his coach is from Rochester: Cade Lemcke, a McQuaid alum, who played some ball at Virginia for Pete Guillen many moons ago. Similar age and vintage as Gerry.
Cade seems to know his stuff really well! Lotsa interesting stuff in his observations...relly like hearing the Hakim comp...sounds like he likes SU too...being a Rochester native. This is a player to watch for sure...fit seems ideal for both sides!

Am I mistaken or is that Qadir passing him the ball at the 0:16 mark here?

He really likes that scratchy 90s base... I thought my speakers blew.

Package deal... Justin & Maliq. If it helps us landing JT... in.
Do not underestimate a rapport between quality players(not directed at you). We do need both these young men if at all possible

This is the thing no one else has really mentioned. I think this guy has been offered because of how well he gets along with Justin. Hopefully it is a package deal of sorts, which I'd assume is the rationale. From the article:

--
Brown is also familiar with fellow class of 2022 Syracuse target Justin Taylor. The two know each other quite well from AAU ball.

"We played for the same AAU team for a couple years and are close," Taylor said. "I talked to coach G-Mac about him and they obviously love his game. He's super athletic, long, versatile and has got a huge upside."--

This package deal stuff almost never works out . People go where they get paid the most

Agreed. Remember that undersized point guard from Niagara Falls who we offered just to cement Paul Harris? Don't think he even lasted the full four years.
Harris is 1-2 years older than Flynn. he was playing at SU in his second year when he heard that his former high school teammate, Jonny Flynn was coming to play at Syracuse.

Harris is 1-2 years older than Flynn. he was playing at SU in his second year when he heard that his former high school teammate, Jonny Flynn was coming to play at Syracuse.
Flynn was one year behind and was offered in April of his sophomore year. He actually committed one day prior to Harris.

He doesn’t strike me as an instant impact player. Solid contributor as an upper classman. I’m not sure that happens anymore. If the coaches want him, then I want him and I would love to be wrong.

I think it happens at your second school. Hopefully Swider will prove that.

This is the latest I have heard on Maliq. Anyone know if we've fallen out of touch?

822415EB-2799-4714-B522-349DD12C9843.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors