Matthew Moyer | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

kidorange said:
They did one last year and everyone was drooling over Lydon's athleticism, were more impressed with him than Mali, it seemed. They were spot on.
yeah well Mali is in the NBA...so kinda "spot on"

yeah I think MM will be more prepared than most frosh and more able to brush of JB's beratement - not worried about that aspect one iota
I don't think a coach needs to yell at MM. Take him aside, explain, and that's it.
Probably one of the brightest JB players ever. Add in the discipline demonstrated by his music, and coaching him will be easy.

So now that Moyer is essentially class of 2017, what type of player do you guys think he is?

This kids got the mean streak we always wished roberson had.

Has anyone been to any practices or heard any reports on him recently? I'd love to know how he has looked lately and if his game has progressed at all

No but one thing I've been saying is that Moyer needs to bulk up by adding muscle. He's a great barometer to see if our strength and conditioning program is up to snuff. If a hard-worker like Moyer doesn't physically look like he's made strides, something is wrong.

He still looks very thin in pics. Long way to go of course.

Has anyone been to any practices or heard any reports on him recently? I'd love to know how he has looked lately and if his game has progressed at all

Will be interesting to see. If he is good to go but all he can give us is dunks (meaning no handle and no shot), then, if we can get that Slovakian SF all will be good, IMO.

I think that he means that if we miss the NCAA Tournament we will go to the NIT and we will host a game at the dome.

lol thanks! I thought it was something that was going over my head :rolleyes:

Last edited:
That's where all of Lydons swag went!! Moyer had it the whole time!!! Gonna be nice to have some attitude on the floor again!

Theres a noticeable difference in emotion and swagger between the two which after watching years of Roberson, is encouraging.

Theres a noticeable difference in emotion and swagger between the two which after watching years of Roberson, is encouraging.

I don't even see the similarities between these two players besides maybe size and they both can dunk.

I saw defense from Tyler, didn't see anything from Matt which is concerning. I saw passing from Roberson, nothing from Matt. I saw them both dunk, I saw them both playing against 5'11" white dudes.

My point is, watching a highlight video from high school isn't anything to get really exciting unless the guy shows something that's just great. If Moyer was as versatile as that video showed he would't have redshirted.

I saw defense from Tyler, didn't see anything from Matt which is concerning. I saw passing from Roberson, nothing from Matt. I saw them both dunk, I saw them both playing against 5'11" white dudes.

My point is, watching a highlight video from high school isn't anything to get really exciting unless the guy shows something that's just great. If Moyer was as versatile as that video showed he would't have redshirted.

Moyer redshirted because he didn't want to waste a year of injury complications. When he injured his foot the doctor told him he'd essentially be out for the year. I'm impressed that he got himself in a position to even have the decision to play or redshirt.

Matthew Moyer on redshirt decision: 'I didn't want to waste a year'

Moyer redshirted because he didn't want to waste a year of injury complications. When he injured his foot the doctor told him he'd essentially be out for the year. I'm impressed that he got himself in a position to even have the decision to play or redshirt.

Matthew Moyer on redshirt decision: 'I didn't want to waste a year'

Injury or not, he wasn't going to play a minute over White. I don't even know why this is a debate, our coach has coached the same way for almost a half century.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom