Matthew Moyer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Who does he remind you of? A little Jeremy lamb in there for me.
That's an interesting one. Never seen Lamb show hops like this kid, but I'm not sure how good Moyer's perimeter game is at this point. I would have to see him some more to get a real feel for his overall game to make an accurate comparison. Just judging from the highlights, he reminds me a bit of Aaron Gordon.

That could be true, but at the moment he doesn't have an offer from Ohio St and who knows how interested they are in him. You would think that they would be all over a kid from their backyard already.

I find it funny that our boy Jerry has already picked SU for him on his crystal ball prediction.
Well Matta shuts me up and offers Moyer today. Can't see him turning them down especially with the family connection.

His explosiveness from the baseline reminds me of Hak. I know the rest of his game isn't all that similar but man can this kid fly when given an opening.

Syracuse basketball offers scholarship to Matthew Moyer, Class of 2016 forward (PS: Carlson)

15563610-mmmain.jpg

In Syracuse.com article...Moyer's mother quoted saying:

"He came over here during a break and said, 'That's it," Annette Moyer said. "I was like, 'Oh no, I'm never going to see him again. It's a long trip out here."

In Syracuse.com article...Moyer's mother quoted saying:

"He came over here during a break and said, 'That's it," Annette Moyer said. "I was like, 'Oh no, I'm never going to see him again. It's a long trip out here."
Kid's awesome. Seems to show us a lot of love. Would be a great get, prototypical wing for us. And he plays with emotion. Even if we don't land him in the long run, worth the risk.

Not a huge fan from the lone video in here. Seems short.

I was thinking about a bigger kevin jones. from the video I like his ability to rebound and finish in traffic, seems like a beast of offensive rebounding. not in love with his shooting form but there is time to work on that.

Sometimes coach's take things like that for granted and think just cause mom and dad are alumns they can just wait it out. I hope it spells doom on them and he comes to the Cuse.

Funny side story here, my bosses son was a heck of a baseball player coming out of high school. Got recruited by lots of D1 schools especially down here in SEC. Family are HUGE Alabama fans, however Alabama never showed him the love and took it for granted that he would come there. In the meantime Auburn showed him the love he was missing (kind of like our coach's at SU do for hoops) and low and behold he ended going to Auburn. It was tough for parents and friends to absorb that, but he went to the best place possible that showed him the love initially and stayed on him.

Last edited:
Deano said:
Sometimes coach's take things like that for granted and think just cause mom and dad are alumns they can just wait it out. I hope it spells doom on them and he comes to the Cuse.

Funny side story here, my bosses son was a heck of a baseball player coming out of high school. Got recruited by lots of D1 schools especially down here in SEC. Family are HUGE Alabama fans, however Alabama never showed him the love and took it for granted that he would come here. In the meantime Auburn showed him the love he was missing (kind of like our coach's at SU do for hoops) and low and behold he ended going to Auburn. It was tough for parents and friends to absorb that, but he went to the best place possible that showed him the love initially and stayed on him.

ROLL TI...gers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom