Matthew Moyer | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Very interesting tid-bit about OSU there. I thought the timing of their offer to Matthew was a bit strange being right on the heels of our invite and his acceptance to come to our elite camp.

I was thinking about a bigger kevin jones. from the video I like his ability to rebound and finish in traffic, seems like a beast of offensive rebounding. not in love with his shooting form but there is time to work on that.
looks Joakim Noahish

according to that article, he already has a wingspan of 7'2". If true, that's amazing. That would have been the 9th best wingspan among drafted players in this past draft, just a fraction behind Jerami Grant. And he's still growing!
Sean Williams had a ridiculous wingspan

2789e2f9f368388c366673d027dde1bf95598bbe35050a8c683ac2c3febd8a19.jpg

Just one factor of many, obviously.

On the same subject--take a look at the picture of Brianna Stewart on the sports page of today's P-S. I've never seen a reach like that on a female player. For the record, it's been reported as 7'. So, arm length can certainly be a plus.

So?

I mean, I guessing you are trying to say that Sean Williams had a large wingspan and didn't amount to anything. But then, of course, nowhere in my post did I suggest such a thing. I simply made an observation that a kid, who hasn't even started his junior year of high school and is still growing, already has a top shelf wingspan, even if you measure it against the elite older players recently drafted. The elite wingspan is a good thing, particularly for a Syracuse wing. Nowhere did I even insinuate that it was the only thing. But hey, I hadn't thought of Sean Williams in a long time, so thanks for prompting a stroll down memory lane.

So?

I mean, I guessing you are trying to say that Sean Williams had a large wingspan and didn't amount to anything. But then, of course, nowhere in my post did I suggest such a thing. I simply made an observation that a kid, who hasn't even started his junior year of high school and is still growing, already has a top shelf wingspan, even if you measure it against the elite older players recently drafted. The elite wingspan is a good thing, particularly for a Syracuse wing. Nowhere did I even insinuate that it was the only thing. But hey, I hadn't thought of Sean Williams in a long time, so thanks for prompting a stroll down memory lane.
nice back pedal

Pardon me if this was said above, but I didn't have the energy to read all the posts, but this is a Columbus, OH kid, with both parents as OSU grads. Gonna be a very hard pull for anyone but the buckeyes...

The parents are pissed at OSU for their lack of offer, lack of interest, until others (Florida) offered. They said they even had to contact the school to set up their own official visit, instead of the school pursuing them to do so. I don't think he's going to Ohio State.

This kid is someone that we need in this program! If we're able to reel him in then watch out cuz we'd be back in business :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom