Matthew Moyer | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Matthew Moyer

Me too. Have no idea what to expect. I could see good or bad. He has a weird frame/body type, IMO. Certainly rooting for him like you said. He's clearly one of the good guys you want on a college team.

This. He is a hard player to envision/compare to others which may lead to some negative bias in his game.

The only player that jumps at me is he plays a little like Derrick Williams. This based on tape highlights but how he attacks the rim explosively but has a more methodical looking style while handling the ball. Again he is far from the athlete or player williams was(yet) but style seems similar as well as build. Another comparison is he is a hybrid of Kyle Anderson and Damone Brown. He has again that attack the rim mentality with that slow mo perimeter handle and shot.

Matt's going to be a grinder. He will be here for 4 productive years. I think he will be a glue guy and one of those guys opposing fans say when he's an upperclassman, "that guy is still at Syracuse?!" He's the kind of guy who'd make a great team captain in a few years, if we ever named one.

He's not the best athlete. He's not the best shooter. He does have the have biggest heart. He does have the best motor. He does have the best scowl when he throws down a big time dunk. Will that be enough to make him a star in the ACC? That might be tough. But it will be more than enough to make his teammates better.

We are lucky to have Matt Moyer.

This. He is a hard player to envision/compare to others which may lead to some negative bias in his game.

The only player that jumps at me is he plays a little like Derrick Williams. This based on tape highlights but how he attacks the rim explosively but has a more methodical looking style while handling the ball. Again he is far from the athlete or player williams was(yet) but style seems similar as well as build. Another comparison is he is a hybrid of Kyle Anderson and Damone Brown. He has again that attack the rim mentality with that slow mo perimeter handle and shot.

Those are some good comparisons. Good calls I think. KA had probably more of a point forward/court vision in his game but I see what you're getting at.

Matt's going to be a grinder. He will be here for 4 productive years. I think he will be a glue guy and one of those guys opposing fans say when he's an upperclassman, "that guy is still at Syracuse?!" He's the kind of guy who'd make a great team captain in a few years, if we ever named one.

He's not the best athlete. He's not the best shooter. He does have the have biggest heart. He does have the best motor. He does have the best scowl when he throws down a big time dunk. Will that be enough to make him a star in the ACC? That might be tough. But it will be more than enough to make his teammates better.

We are lucky to have Matt Moyer.
We probably would have been lucky to have MM here for four years. No sense rehashing why he left but he probably could have been very productive with certain match ups. Oh well. Next man up.

There is a lot of fail in this thread. One of the reasons I don't get too hyped up on recruits until I actually see them play and produce in college.

Hyped is one thing, irrational thoughts are another. I mentioned the kid probably didn’t have the shot or ball handling skills to play the 3 and was crucified for it.

oof. I don't root against any SU players present or past. but, oof

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom