Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

I’m not sure how Washington won out on this one. They have like 17 players on their team next season, so there’s going to be a mass transfer exodus. Their fan board also seems unenthused about the Roberts recruitment. I’ve seen barely any discussion about it. They all think they’re the leader for top 50 C Bryan Penn Johnson. So do they take Roberts too? I guess Hop wants Roberts because he is a player who will take a couple of years to grow and develop his game. Plus Roberts can play PF. Even though he’s only rated in the high 100s/low 200s on most recruiting sites, I’m disappointed we didn’t land Roberts because apparently Red saw him as a player with big upside that we had to get. So I guess we can try to find a potenial late blooming senior big man or a Euro Center for the 2018 class?

I’m not sure how Washington won out on this one. They have like 17 players on their team next season, so there’s going to be a mass transfer exodus. Their fan board also seems unenthused about the Roberts recruitment. I’ve seen barely any discussion about it. They all think they’re the leader for top 50 C Bryan Penn Johnson. So do they take Roberts too? I guess Hop wants Roberts because he is a player who will take a couple of years to grow and develop his game. Plus Roberts can play PF. Even though he’s only rated in the high 100s/low 200s on most recruiting sites, I’m disappointed we didn’t land Roberts because apparently Red saw him as a player with big upside that we had to get. So I guess we can try to find a potenial late blooming senior big man or a Euro Center for the 2018 class?
I think there's a three letter word why Roberts is headed to Washington.

Hop's gonna Calhoun that roster.

Personally, I think it is too bad we didn't land this kid -- because I like how he runs the floor. He has the tools to be a system fit here.

But I definitely view him as a project who would take a couple of years to round into form -- late bloomer. Would love to have landed him, not terribly upset that we didn't. On to the next.

His defense never wowed me. We need a stud defender in the middle who can block/change shots, box out and get put backs on the offensive end. Our wings and guards have always been the scorers. I'm ok with missing out on this kid. If we can find someone who can do the preceding...its a win win in my eyes.

I know he's listed as a forward, but he's 6'11...he needs to man the middle unless he thinks he's Donte

Honestly, we were always going to lose at least one 2018/19 guy to Hopkins. For it to be Roberts is probably the best case even though clearly the staff still wanted him here.

I mean...yes?

I wouldn't want to coach a bunch of guys Romar COACHED though.

Ah, you couldn't do much worse than Romar did. :p

He was pretty solid at getting talented recruits to sign on the line which is dotted.
But very much less so at everything else related to coaching.

To add to the weirdness I think this kid is buddy's roommate at brewster and was at cuse all weekend with them and then tweets this out today. Looks like he's going to be part of our bench squad I'm guessing? But still this whole entire weekend with roberts coming and supposedly being a Washington lean is odd. Not odd that hes choosing Washington and hop, that I understand but to come stay at cuse all weekend days before your announcement is strange to say the least regardless of being friends with buddy and your school is on fall break. Nothing should surprise us anymore i guess?

I mean...yes?

I wouldn't want to coach a bunch of guys Romar COACHED though.

Yes, the Romar recruits were always bolting to the NBA sooner than later albeit not doing much just like our guys. His coaching is another story but talent-wise, the NBA has been drafting Romar recruits. There’s a long list of them.

To add to the weirdness I think this kid is buddy's roommate at brewster and was at cuse all weekend with them and then tweets this out today. Looks like he's going to be part of our bench squad I'm guessing? But still this whole entire weekend with roberts coming and supposedly being a Washington lean is odd. Not odd that hes choosing Washington and hop, that I understand but to come stay at cuse all weekend days before your announcement is strange to say the least regardless of being friends with buddy and your school is on fall break. Nothing should surprise us anymore i guess?

Why is it odd that this Brewster kid is walking on to SU? I get you on the other stuff but not that.

Why is it odd that this Brewster kid is walking on to SU? I get you on the other stuff but not that.

Just odd timing of everything with the weekend and all of them visiting and his announcement later today I guess is what I mean. Not odd that a brewster kid is walking on.

Just odd timing of everything with the weekend and all of them visiting and his announcement later today I guess is what I mean. Not odd that a brewster kid is walking on.

I guess. Maybe this kid could've waited but it's not like a walk on is going to steal Nate's thunder.

I guess. Maybe this kid could've waited but it's not like a walk on is going to steal Nate's thunder.

Just a strange weekend/ending of recruitment I guess

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom