Class of 2018 - PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Nate Roberts (MD / NH) Commits to Washington

He'd certainly make a better backup center than Chino. I could see him doing well in the high post, not so certain about down low unless the new bigs coach is better at coaching guys up. Just my take. Who's next in the succession behind Bernie and Hop for that job anyhow?

It's a shame his visit got cancelled though, I think the atmosphere is a bit different when multiple guys are visiting at once. Again, just my opinion.

After PG another big is a priority. This class is rich at forward and we will take at least one good one. There will be more available ships than you think.

We will get Buddy, a PG, a BIG and at least one forward. I think the class will be bigger than that though.

Yeah. I honestly think we end up with 6. This class will be loaded at the end of the day. Unfortunately, not literally today. Unless Bazley wants to commit. That would be nice.

Like Roberts potential, and he would definitely have a spot if he wants to sign up. I think he could do really well in the middle with some time.

Another one

I was under the impression that Hop offered him quite awhile ago. I had heard he was one of the first East Coast kids that he contacted when he went out West

We'll be watching Nate for sure... and hopefully paying some attention to Noah Locke as well.

I know this kid is growing, but I struggle with the interest here. He really hasn't produced much on the circuit and he's really thin. I guess the staff must see something. I definitely prefer other bigs though.

I know this kid is growing, but I struggle with the interest here. He really hasn't produced much on the circuit and he's really thin. I guess the staff must see something. I definitely prefer other bigs though.

Although his stats have not been eye popping, I think the biggest problem for Nate has been his minutes played... or should I say lack thereof. He hasn't played a lot at Brewster or in EYBL.

Although his stats have not been eye popping, I think the biggest problem for Nate has been his minutes played... or should I say lack thereof. He hasn't played a lot at Brewster or in EYBL.
Have you seen anything in his game that could/would be the reason behind the lower minutes?

Have you seen anything in his game that could/would be the reason behind the lower minutes?

No, I think it is a combination of Nate not playing up to his potential as well as the numbers game. Team Melo seems to run more guards and are 10 deep. Hopefully this year at Brewster we will see more of the Roberts our coaches want at Cuse.

No, I think it is a combination of Nate not playing up to his potential as well as the numbers game. Team Melo seems to run more guards and are 10 deep. Hopefully this year at Brewster we will see more of the Roberts our coaches want at Cuse.

Hopefully, JB and staff are still in the evaluation stage before they are ready to accept a commitment from Roberts. I don't mean this as a slam on Roberts - I think he is still growing into his body so to speak. He is all about potential and length at this point in his development.

Unless he is injured, the lack of minutes should raise some red flags.

I'm big on Carrigan, because of his shot blocking ability as I have posted. The staff seems to be focused on Nate.

Just refreshed my memory by watching his videos. His offense is definitely better than Carrigan at this point. He has some really great touch on his shot, and finishes well. I don't have much on his D. Would love a shot blocker like Carrigan, but Roberts is a lot better than I remembered. That 10-15 footer is smooth.

His EYBL numbers have been poor. He seems like a good prospect so just trying to piece together why his summer stats are not that stellar.

As long as we get one of Roberts or Carrigan. He has Roberts as the 28th best PF in the class... 3 star.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom