Oshae Brissett | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

Didn't watch the whole game because All-Star games are very hard on my eyes, everybody just chucking up threes. Which brings me to Oshae, he was really the only one who did not ball hog and randomly chuck up 30 footers, which is refreshing for a player of the year. Really active around the rim and has some beef to actually bang a bit down there. Good quick hops and doesn't mind mixing it up from what I saw. Very capable putting it on the floor, brought the ball up a few times, albeit with little pressure but also attacked the rim nicely off the dribble multiple times and finished. His Bball IQ is also evident as he dished the ball nicely inside a few times to get people wide open dunks (again, the only guy doing this). Last but not least his shot, very good form, nice soft touch from deep. IMHO, could put some time in at the 4 but is destined to be a 3. I would compare him to Kris Joseph, albeit with a better outside shot and better handle at this stage, much higher ceiling. It is very evident that he seems to be just scratching the surface, really excited about this kid.

Howard: Good handle, smooth operator, and surprising athletic, got to the rim when he wanted but again not a lot of D being played so hard to gauge that. He didn't really force it either, I would think because they have scholarships they didn't feel the need to impress, not sure. Shot didn't fall for him but a good stroke, obviously won the 3 pt comp so can shoot it. Also listed him at 6'3" and he did look to be a good sized guard. Gonna need a year or two in my opinion.

Also Leo did the color on the game, and constantly talked up Cuse and the boys. Gushed about Oshae all game, compared him to Wiggins in skillset and physical nature but did concede he certainly was not at Wiggins level at this stage. Also compared Washington to Tyler Ennis but with a jump shot. Again high praise based more on style, but still a decent comparable. If Washington is at Ennis' level in year 3 I would be happy.

VTech got a good one, and the kid going to Pitt certainly likes to shoot continuously lol.
Thanks for the write up. Great to hear. I feel reasonably confident in what Brissett can do but still have concerns about Washington so great to hear he was getting to the rim even in an all-star game. If Washington gets to the point that I even compare him to Tyler Ennis in his career I will be happy.

Starting 5 made to run.
5: Chubaka
4: Double T
3: OB 1
2: Battle for the dance
1: FH the resurrection

With Sid vicious subbing at the 5/4
General Howard Washington at the 1
Senator Moyer at the 3/4
This team might just Sneak into the dance. Add a 5th year sniper and or 1 more frosh and we have a punchers chance.

This is my favorite recruit of the three we've landed. And it's more than his game, which I think is underrated and evolving. I've watched this guy interviewed a few times, and he comes across as hungry yet humble, intelligent and hardworking. HE is our diamond in the rough, not Hughes or Nahz. I like Oshae a lot.

Last edited:
I'm bullish on Brissett. He attacks the rim relentlessly. He has the size and athleticism to become a very good weak side defender on the back line of the 2-3. A smaller, more skilled (at this stage) version of Jerami Grant. Funny because I said the same thing about Sid Wilson last week, but I definitely see similarities in their builds and games.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, is the epic battles that should play out in practice between OB & MM! I really hope they both work hard and elevate each others game as they compete for playing time. Though, I won't be surprised to see them both on the court at the same time, if another 3 isn't added, and their 3 pt shots turn out to be at least adequate.

TT's ability to defend (or not) will ultimately determine how much pt they both get. I wouldn't be surprised if Moyer is a better defender than TT (by a wide margin) right now.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned, is the epic battles that should play out in practice between OB & MM! I really hope they both work hard and elevate each others game as they compete for playing time. Though, I won't be surprised to see them both on the court at the same time, if another 3 isn't added, and their 3 pt shots turn out to be at least adequate.

TT's ability to defend (or not) will ultimately determine how much pt they both get. I wouldn't be surprised if Moyer is a better defender than TT (by a wide margin) right now.

If TT can defend better at the 5 and both MM and DB can make open 3's regularly that could be an impossibility front line. Again lots of ifs without bringing in a PG and a front court shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom