Oshae Brissett | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

I watched large chunks of AI games. I couldn't get through whole games because the girl doing color commentary was brutal but I needed the sound to follow it. I did a lot of fast forwarding but I got to watch enough to get a good idea.

My impressions of Oshae are very similar to Francis' take. Brissett is extremely athletic. It jumps off the screen. He's not Jerami Grant. He doesn't have those hops, but I could see Oshae playing football. If he put on a few pounds, he could be a tight end or maybe a big wide receiver- an Anquan Bolden type.

I'm very impressed with how aggressive he is. He's very confident too. Goes to the rack with reckless abandon. Sometimes, though, he goes there with his head down. That bull-in-a-China shop stuff will lead to charges. He has no fear though and gets to the line a lot. Plays through contact. With Moyer and Oshae, we will have a couple of tough offensive players who attack the rim.

I like the way he rebounds and scraps for loose balls. Gets on the floor, plays hard.

His shot looked fine for a guy his size. Speaking of his size, he looks a legit 6'9". He has a solid frame and will be ready to bang in the ACC. Maybe he could use 5-10 pounds but he's got some muscle.

Defensively he was fine but didn't really use his athleticism as much as he could. I do think he has the footwork to be a good zone defender. My big concern is foul trouble. The dude goes extremely hard and sometimes to his detriment as Francis alluded to.

My biggest concern is that he looks more like a 4/3 than a 3/4. Similar to Moyer in that regard, though he's a much better athlete than Moyer. I just feel like we have way too many 4 types and not enough 3 types. Brissett could develop into a 3 but I don't think he'd be ideal in that role next year.

Last edited:
Jumper looking good. Much improved shooter out on the perimeter since heading back home to prep in Canada.
Improving, but hopefully he is shooting at least 500 shots a day, because the stroke isn't smooth. You can tell he has been working on it and the mechanics look pretty good.

Looks like he is trying to immitate Dirk with that knee up to create seperation on his fadeaway

This kid is going to be big time for cuse...I think he was definitely under valued..this is one of those cases where the stars and ranking can go kick rocks. It kills me when people say his stroke isn't smooth but his mechanics look good?? His shot looks just fine like most kids that grow up playing ball..if we start looking at just how his shot looks then idk what the coaches saw when they recruited tyus battle because he has a goofy looking jump shot with a late looking release but he seems to make it work just fine! this kid isn't no project he already looks to have all the necessary tools and skills..now just more practice and coaching and he's going to get better and better! Have a feeling he will end up being a fan favorite at cuse!

This kid is going to be big time for cuse...I think he was definitely under valued..this is one of those cases where the stars and ranking can go kick rocks. It kills me when people say his stroke isn't smooth but his mechanics look good?? His shot looks just fine like most kids that grow up playing ball..if we start looking at just how his shot looks then idk what the coaches saw when they recruited tyus battle because he has a goofy looking jump shot with a late looking release but he seems to make it work just fine! this kid isn't no project he already looks to have all the necessary tools and skills..now just more practice and coaching and he's going to get better and better! Have a feeling he will end up being a fan favorite at cuse!
You could reply to my post directly, if you wish to call me out on my opinion. And his shot is improving, it shows he has put in a lot of work, although it lacks the fluidity of a natural shooter. If you think all shots are alike, I don't know what to tell you. And while I agree that "this kid isn't no project" in the sense he has skills that will likely translate quickly to the college game, I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't take more than 5 three pointers for the first year or two.

Wasn't trying to take any shots..sorry if it came across like that. And you are probably right about the amount of 3's he will take. That was also kind of my point is that not all shot are alike...just because his shot may not look the part doesn't mean it doesn't work for him. Seems to not have a problem putting the ball in the hoop. I actually really like his turn around fade away..someone earlier mentioned it was kind if dirk like and that was my initial thought as well. Hell he already looks like he can score and contribute compared to what we have had on offense the past couple years besides a few solid scorers that we have had. Ive seen a ton of crazy posts on here lately like the sky is falling for cuse basketball and while I will certainly say this recruiting cycle has been somewhat of a let down so far I think the 2 guys we got are going to be very solid players for us and I feel like we will make the most of what's left out there as well as possible 5th year guys.

Wasn't trying to take any shots..sorry if it came across like that. And you are probably right about the amount of 3's he will take. That was also kind of my point is that not all shot are alike...just because his shot may not look the part doesn't mean it doesn't work for him. Seems to not have a problem putting the ball in the hoop. I actually really like his turn around fade away..someone earlier mentioned it was kind if dirk like and that was my initial thought as well. Hell he already looks like he can score and contribute compared to what we have had on offense the past couple years besides a few solid scorers that we have had. Ive seen a ton of crazy posts on here lately like the sky is falling for cuse basketball and while I will certainly say this recruiting cycle has been somewhat of a let down so far I think the 2 guys we got are going to be very solid players for us and I feel like we will make the most of what's left out there as well as possible 5th year guys.
Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. His turn around could be a weapon, and it is great that he is developing his offensive game. Because his athletic ability and motor are off the charts. Personally, I don't expect much of the offense to translate immediately, but it might.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood. His turn around could be a weapon, and it is great that he is developing his offensive game. Because his athletic ability and motor are off the charts. Personally, I don't expect much of the offense to translate immediately, but it might.

I think he will be effective because he has no fear. He will draw plenty of fouls (and commit more than a few of his own). I hope he really works on his free throw shooting.

Isn't that picture from months ago? Why are they tweeting it now? Anyway, yeah 29 rebounds. From his tapes, this kid looks like a highly athletic dude willing to throw the lumber around. He will probably foul out of games in 4 minutes as freshman and be a beast after that.
I said the same thing. Bull in a china shop. We need that sort of attitude but he might foul a lot.

Isn't that picture from months ago? Why are they tweeting it now? Anyway, yeah 29 rebounds. From his tapes, this kid looks like a highly athletic dude willing to throw the lumber around. He will probably foul out of games in 4 minutes as freshman and be a beast after that.

I think the record for fouling out is 7 minutes by Etan Thomas his freshman year vs Georgetown (aka the McNabb game) 7 minutes!! I watched the game and I don't know how you even do that???

But I digress, back to Brissett.

I think the record for fouling out is 7 minutes by Etan Thomas his freshman year vs Georgetown (aka the McNabb game) 7 minutes!! I watched the game and I don't know how you even do that???

LOL but that one highlight tape of OB he fouled maybe 8 times and was fouled probably 15-20 times in a couple
minutes!

I remember when Greg 'the kid' Kohls fouled out really quick in a game his first season. He was a reserve and hardly played. He was put in late in a game which was already decided. He picked 5 fouls in about 5 exchanges of the ball. I don't have exact time it took but I believe it was more like 3-4 minutes or less. I could not believe how fast it was back then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom