Oshae Brissett | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Brissett

He is only 6'6". Hopefully he grows a few inches and becomes a physical forward who can rebound. Grant was a skinny long armed super athletic kid. This kid seem less athletic and stronger.

He is only 6'6". Hopefully he grows a few inches and becomes a physical forward who can rebound. Grant was a skinny long armed super athletic kid. This kid seem less athletic and stronger.

Pretty sure he's already a reclass. He's already 18. Seems like a PF in a SF body.

I trust the staff, but from a PF point of view I would have thought we would have entertained guys like Deng Gak or Jordan Nwora first.

Pretty sure he's already a reclass. He's already 18. Seems like a PF in a SF body.

I trust the staff, but from a PF point of view I would have thought we would have entertained guys like Deng Gak or Jordan Nwora first.

Keep in mind that we'll have to fill in a minimum of 5, and more likely 6 or 7, open scholarships this season.

This kid is definitely a tweener forward right now. But the prep school he played at last season is a powerhouse, and I'm encouraged by Waters article about how some view him as being the most underrated prospect in the class of 2017.

If the staff is focusing upon him, it is a good sign. Strikes me as a young Kris Joseph, who might flourish in our system if he can expand his game a bit.

Agree 100% that he's only about 6-6 or so.

Keep in mind that we'll have to fill in a minimum of 5, and more likely 6 or 7, open scholarships this season.

This kid is definitely a tweener forward right now. But the prep school he played at last season is a powerhouse, and I'm encouraged by Waters article about how some view him as being the most underrated prospect in the class of 2017.

If the staff is focusing upon him, it is a good sign. Strikes me as a young Kris Joseph, who might flourish in our system if he can expand his game a bit.

So, potentially very good player, but not a high threat to go pro after only 1 season because he doesn't have a NBA prototypical body? Sign him up...

I agree that you need the CJ Fair's and Frank Howards of the world to round out your roster because they will develop. He needs to grow though. You can't play forward in the ACC if you are 6'6". I trust the staff and I'm guessing he will grow.

I hope he isn't a power forward in an 2 guards body.

So, potentially very good player, but not a high threat to go pro after only 1 season because he doesn't have a NBA prototypical body? Sign him up...

I think that's the right perspective. If this is one of the "foundational" prospects in a 3 person class, I'd be a little less tolerant. But we aren't going to land 6-7 5 star prospects. We need to land a blue chipper at G and SF, and then fill in the rest of the class with quality "gets."

This isn't a Chinoso Obokoh--he looks like he could develop into a player.

I think that's the right perspective. If this is one of the "foundational" prospects in a 3 person class, I'd be a little less tolerant. But we aren't going to land 6-7 5 star prospects. We need to land a blue chipper at G and SF, and then fill in the rest of the class with quality "gets."

Only issue may be that we already have a 4 year program type guy at his position.
(Matty Moyer)

I agree with that. If we can land Green, Randolph and Tucker then after that he would be fine along with 2 members from this board with eligibility remaining.

If he's our third wing, or second PF/C I am fine with it, but if we strike out on Lonnie, Randolph or Tucker like we did O'Connell I'm going to start being concerned about our options at the 2/3.

It's hard for me to not think about a kid that is 6"6" at the forward spot and not think of Paul Harris.

Except that Paul Harris was really about 6-3 1/2, despite weighing 230 pounds.

White is only a bit taller than this guy, for comparison's sake, and will spend time on the back line of the zone.

If he's our third wing, or second PF/C I am fine with it, but if we strike out on Lonnie, Randolph or Tucker like we did O'Connell I'm going to start being concerned about our options at the 2/3.

I don't disagree with that--I share that same concern about our situation at SG next season.

But that's the 2 position, not the 3 / 4 position. Which is where Brisset seems to fit.

A lot depends on whether Battle has a good enough year to go pro or not. If he does, then we need a starting 2 / 3 next year. If not, then one of those positional needs goes away.

Anyway you look at it, 3 guys we sign need to be able to play immediately and contribute. At most we will have 5 guys back next year, unless Lydon really enjoys college.

Only issue may be that we already have a 4 year program type guy at his position.
(Matty Moyer)
I think he is so different than Moyer though.
(Matty Moyer)
I don't have a problem with both of them being program guys because they are both so different. Moyer is that athletic kid who will never bang down low as much. I see Brisset as the kid that hits the glass hard and runs the floor well. I would compare Brisset to Roberson and Moyer to more of a Kris Joseph type.

It's hard for me to not think about a kid that is 6"6" at the forward spot and not think of Paul Harris.
We could do a lot worse than adding another Paul Harris: a strong rebounding, multi-positional player who gives us 10 and 8 a night for 3-4 years. Harris had a lot of flaws, and he couldn't live up the the insane hype he got as a prep baller, but in general you can really use a guy like that on your roster.

We could do a lot worse than adding another Paul Harris: a strong rebounding, multi-positional player who gives us 10 and 8 a night for 3-4 years. Harris had a lot of flaws, and he couldn't live up the the insane hype he got as a prep baller, but in general you can really use a guy like that on your roster.
In the time it took you to write this post Paul Harris gave up 3's in 4 consecutive trips in his area of the zone.

Last unrelated Paul Harris post: I used to have a saying and I was forced to say it many more times than I should have: "Every time Paul Harris shoots a 3, a bunny dies." Something tells me that experience is at least partly responsible for Frank Howard being placed in solitary confinement every time he took a jumper last year. Boeheim got a lifetime's worth of not-going-in-jumpers from PH.

Last unrelated Paul Harris post: I used to have a saying and I was forced to say it many more times than I should have: "Every time Paul Harris shoots a 3, a bunny dies." Something tells me that experience is at least partly responsible for Frank Howard being placed in solitary confinement every time he took a jumper last year. Boeheim got a lifetime's worth of not-going-in-jumpers from PH.
There is a joke in there about Paul Harris "shooting" and a rabbit dying...anyone else see it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom