Class of 2016 - PF Sedee Keita (SC) Transferring from St Johns to FIU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 PF Sedee Keita (SC) Transferring from St Johns to FIU

Finklestein, ESPN on Keita (at Elite 75)

F Sedee Keita (Middletown, Del./Vermont Academy)
6-foot-9, 200 pounds
Comparison -- Chris McCullough, Syracuse*

The length, athleticism, physical upside, interior tools and subtle signs of perimeter skill are eerily similar. Keita might not be quite the same natural athlete that McCullough was at this stage, but he’s further along in terms of his footwork, understanding of the game, and willingness to play inside-out.

Finklestein, ESPN on Keita (at Elite 75)

F Sedee Keita (Middletown, Del./Vermont Academy)
6-foot-9, 200 pounds
Comparison -- Chris McCullough, Syracuse*

The length, athleticism, physical upside, interior tools and subtle signs of perimeter skill are eerily similar. Keita might not be quite the same natural athlete that McCullough was at this stage, but he’s further along in terms of his footwork, understanding of the game, and willingness to play inside-out.

If that is the case, sign us up for him right now...get on it JB!

@AdamZagoria
6-10 2016 Vermont Academy C Sedee Keita has heard from Syracuse, Kansas, Maryland, VCU, Rutgers and Villanova, per Matt Pauls of WE R1.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/five-takeaways-from-the-mary-kline-classic/

5.Remember the name Sedee Keita, a 6-10 2016 center from Vermont Academy and We RI who showed a nice outside shot for a big guy. According to Matt Pauls of WE R1, Keita has heard from Syracuse, Kansas, Maryland, VCU, Rutgers and Villanova, among others. “Sedee’s upside is great,” Pauls said. “The amount of improvement he’s had in the last year, the progression, is unlike any player that I’ve ever coached, just a one-year progression…He’s only been playing for three years but he’s a hard-worker, dedicated. I think he’s probably got another inch. He’s got great hands, great footwork, but he also shoots the 3 and steps out and actually take guys off the dribble.”

What's his middle name? It just doesn't seem right to say Keita with only 1 name before it...

If he has the motor of bmk and the athleticism of McCullough he would be fantastic in the zone.

I like that kj santos guy at the 2:30 mark as well looks to me to have some explosivness, a long stride and go to potential.
Someone referred to Santos as MCW with a jump shot. He is 6'7 and is supposed to be a terrific shooter. Same class as Keita. Someone we should probably keep an eye on.

Brian Snow‏@BSnowScout 3h
Sedee Keita has enrolled at 22 Ft Academy, a talented and athletic PF/C in 2016 class

22 Ft is out in South Carolina.

Down south, probably not ideal for us as far as his recruitment goes, right Francis?

Down south, probably not ideal for us as far as his recruitment goes, right Francis?
Not necessarily imo. You can look at it the same way as Bryant going down to Huntington. Might be a ways away for HS, but still lives and plays AAU back on the northeast in SU recruiting grounds.

We're awesome
That kind of post is deserving of a "Francis".
th_shaqoohhh.png

These kids that the staff is on very early and they don't have much video or fan fair to start usually wind up being very good players. Big difference from video 1 to video 2, but all of it seemed to be a loose scrimmage type atmosphere. I think he may be a bit more Raw than we think at this point but I really like the way he moves for a big guy and that he is developing his handle and shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom