Class of 2018 - PF Shareef O'Neal (CA) Flipped from Arizona to UCLA | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Shareef O'Neal (CA) Flipped from Arizona to UCLA

Hey aren't we in good standing with Shaq? Like didn't he get a degree or something from SU?

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...-how-what-nba-basketball-crazy-insane?ref=yfp
Shareef is the real deal! He is listed at 6'8 190 as a Sophomore and already has offers from UCLA and USC. Unfortunately I think it would be tough to pull him from the west coast or from the suddenly hot pick of LSU, but Hop is a West Coast guy so he may give it a shot since he will be the head man at that time.

Lsu worked out so well for Ben Simmons last year.

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not. After all, he was drafted #1 overall. I'm not sure how much better it could have worked out, so I'm kind of hoping youre not being sarcastic. Youre normally a poster who makes more sense than many of the offseason rabble rousers.

I cant tell if youre being sarcastic or not. After all, he was drafted #1 overall. I'm not sure how much better it could have worked out, so I'm kind of hoping youre not being sarcastic. Youre normally a poster who makes more sense than many of the offseason rabble rousers.
Simmons could have attended Onondaga Community College for his one year of college and still would have been the #1 pick. I don't think that's what Briancuse was referring to.

Simmons could have attended Onondaga Community College for his one year of college and still would have been the #1 pick. I don't think that's what Briancuse was referring to.

I often agree with Briancuse and like underdogs, but if I'm being objective, didnt Ben Simmons acheive his objective? He could have went to a more currently prestigious hoops school if he chose, to avoid whatever failures you 2 are implying.

Don't worry Nirvana, you're a good poster and I have no beef with you nor any intent to Courtney Love you. I'm a bit riled due to some events on here earlier, and it wasn't my intent to offend either of you, although I think my point is both valid and solid.

I often agree with Briancuse and like underdogs, but if I'm being objective, didnt Ben Simmons acheive his objective? He could have went to a more currently prestigious hoops school if he chose, to avoid whatever failures you 2 are implying.

Don't worry Nirvana, you're a good poster and I have no beef with you nor any intent to Courtney Love you. I'm a bit riled due to some events on here earlier, and it wasn't my intent to offend either of you, although I think my point is both valid and solid.

He would have been the number one pick at any school he went to, he was that good. He didn't make the tournament, which is why I made the comment.

He would have been the number one pick at any school he went to, he was that good. He didn't make the tournament, which is why I made the comment.

I hear you bro, but what I'm getting at is that I don't think he is rending his clothes in despair over it. I think he realized he passed on schools that were surefire tickets to the tournament to be able to showcase himself more, and apparently it worked out. Does anyone on here think he honestly is lamenting his selection right now? I'm asking that sincerely, as I reckon we can see things differently.

I hear you bro, but what I'm getting at is that I don't think he is rending his clothes in despair over it. I think he realized he passed on schools that were surefire tickets to the tournament to be able to showcase himself more, and apparently it worked out. Does anyone on here think he honestly is lamenting his selection right now? I'm asking that sincerely, as I reckon we can see things differently.

He might not, maybe one day 20 years from now he is watching the ncaa tournament, saying man I really wish I played in it.

He might not, maybe one day 20 years from now he is watching the ncaa tournament, saying man I really wish I played in it.

I'm not disagreeing with you friend, but I don't know what percentage of kids and their families care about that anymore. I mean Shaq seems like good family, but it would serve us well to realize our logic isn't always the same as players and families. I get your point though. I am not sure if I recall correctly, but wasn't LSU not Pete Maravich's first plan? I'm just saying we shouldnt be shocked if others dont follow our logic. I've had that beaten into me for a long time on here. lol

CaptainJ said:

His time at LSU hurt his draft stock in that it raised questions about some of his flaws that were exposed and not fixed while there. Lots of chatter about "want to" and attitude. Sometimes being the #1 option on a bad team reflects poorly on you.

Agreed that he went #1, so his primary goal was fulfilled.

His time at LSU hurt his draft stock in that it raised questions about some of his flaws that were exposed and not fixed while there. Lots of chatter about "want to" and attitude. Sometimes being the #1 option on a bad team reflects poorly on you.

Agreed that he went #1, so his primary goal was fulfilled.

Sounds like the reason TT was wise to choose us instead of Seton Hall :p

But really, it's a scout's job to pick apart every player and the media needs something to talk about. No prospect is perfect.

ROCcuse said:
Sounds like the reason TT was wise to choose us instead of Seton Hall :p But really, it's a scout's job to pick apart every player and the media needs something to talk about. No prospect is perfect.

Agreed. I'd bet the person with the most regret is the LSU head coach. Not a lot off respect for his ability after doing not much with the #1.

Can't help but to think of Shaq's "joke" about LSU paying well Popcorn and soda

Edit: Also, Ron Artest II must be some sort of clone of his pops wow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom