Class of 2018 - PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF Silvio De Sousa (FL) to Kansas

rsmith34

Walk On
Well, on to 2018... Both 2 4 7 and VC have us showing interest. Saw on article on Rivals saying we had offered; VC says the same. Kid played at Montverde last year, IMG this year. Anyone know the extent of our interest?

would be nice get.
I saw this kid last year with Montverde and he is a legit top-20 player, moves very well for someone his size. This kid would come in and start day one at one of the forward positions, and I like the talent we already have in place at those positions too.

I'd assume we just did our due diligence by offering de Sousa. He's one of the top players in the 2018 class, so it can't hurt to offer and see if he'll reciprocate interest. He'll be racking up offers from the best ACC and SEC schools so there will be a lot of competition to pull him up north. I'd expect the staff to go after Naz Reid (NJ) and Simi Shittu (VT) harder than de Sousa, mostly due to geography.

I know you can never have too much talent but I continue to be mystified why we are involved with so many '18 4 types. I'm starting to think the staff views Sidibe as more of a 5.

I know you can never have too much talent but I continue to be mystified why we are involved with so many '18 4 types. I'm starting to think the staff views Sidibe as more of a 5.

Seems that way.

FYI... De Sousa already has a thread on page 5.
Sorry J-ville, I only looked really quick at the first two pages, didn't see anything posted on him, and started a thread, plus I was running late for church too :).

Can't have too many irons in the fire of top recruits; it looks like we learned that lesson; the jury is still out on learning when it's time to move off a specific recruit and focus the attention on the next man up!