Class of 2022 - PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered

CuseMan4

Starter
Offered. Heard about him a few months ago. He’s from New Zeland.

6-9, 190…SF/PF. Goes to South Kent.
Extremely athletic, like freak athlete.
Under the radar right now. Once was committed to George Washington. Has been getting some bigger name offers recently like DePaul, Pitt, Rutgers and Arizona State. But for the most part still flying under the radar.

Raw offensively in terms of all around game but this kid can be a really good slasher and finisher. Think Jerami Grant. This kid is a better shooter than Jerami and better mechanics coming out of high school that’s for sure but would not call Tafara a great shooter by any means. Kid can get up and has the potential to be a really good wing player for us in the same mold Jerami was. Jerami was very raw coming to Cuse offensively but made good on 2nd chance points, slashing and finishing around the rim and being a menace on defense. This kid is very, very similar and fits that mold. Tafara runs really well and can get up and down the court well, once again think Jerami Grant. Which would be perfect because of the style of play of the guards we are bringing in this year. Mintz and Copeland love to push the ball and run and will get their teammates the ball on the run. This kid would be perfect the perfect match for the style of play Mintz and Copeland play.

Under the radar for the most part for the time being but I can see some bigger named teams getting involved before this one is over. I’m usually not sold with under the radar kids but if this kid wanted to commit today, take him and try to get this wrapped up quick in my opinion.

Last edited:
Haven't watched any full games of him yet, but man, that's an impressive looking kid. You don't find people his size that move the way he does very often. That prospect breakdown from the Australian dude reminds me of the first time I saw the draft breakdown for Giannis.

Haven't watched any full games of him yet, but man, that's an impressive looking kid. You don't find people his size that move the way he does very often. That prospect breakdown from the Australian dude reminds me of the first time I saw the draft breakdown for Giannis.
Yeah, if we land him, we will probably never see the completed product in a Syracuse uniform, but the kid can be as good as he is willing to work for. I know that is terrible sentence structure, but it is early on a Sunday morning.

This player has a lot of potential but it is untested against similar skill sets. He is a young player that needs to be coached and learn the game. It is kind of hard to gauge his talent when he plays against kids that 10 inches or more smaller than him.

He has talent and with maturity he will be really good. We are seeing highlight films. How do we know that for every 3 pt he makes, he does not shoot 5-6 air balls. Let him demonstrate his skills consistently at a higher level (South Kent will help him play better talent).

This player has a lot of potential but it is untested against similar skill sets. He is a young player that needs to be coached and learn the game. It is kind of hard to gauge his talent when he plays against kids that 10 inches or more smaller than him.

He has talent and with maturity he will be really good. We are seeing highlight films. How do we know that for every 3 pt he makes, he does not shoot 5-6 air balls. Let him demonstrate his skills consistently at a higher level (South Kent will help him play better talent).
Tbf he’s playing in the EYBL now so his games are available for all to see and against good HS competition.

The video reminds me of Darius Bazley's high school/EYBL video, but with a little more explosiveness. Length, timing, open court play, good passer, streaky shooting. Elite vertical quickness.

Would be a perfect fit for Boeheim's system, just like Bazley would have.

His skill set, at 6-10, is like a flashing red light. This kid is elite. Don't be surprised to see ALL of the blue bloods offer.

The video reminds me of Darius Bazley's high school/EYBL video, but with a little more explosiveness. Length, timing, open court play, good passer, streaky shooting. Elite vertical quickness.

Would be a perfect fit for Boeheim's system, just like Bazley would have.
Got some Giannis is his game too

Got some Giannis is his game too
He is just scratching the surface of his potential. If someone can keep him motivated, he will make a lot of money playing basketball. Mr. Weitsman, we have your new spokesman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom