Class of 2022 - PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PF Tafara Gapare (New Zealand / South Kent) Offered

DePaul got a late commitment from a transfer last week. Eral Penn - 6-7 F - averaged 17 & 7 @ LIU last year.

Check must have bounced.

Too bad we weren't able to stay involved with this kid -- he is a big time talent who would have more than made up for the loss of Lands.
I hear ya, although Chris Bunch is ranked higher than Lands by some recruiting services. Just like Judah Mintz is ranked higher than Dior Johnson by some recruiting services :)

This guy is built for the Cuse system. I know we didn't make his top 7, which included 5 colleges, but I wonder if there's any way they take another run at him. Things may have changed.

Yeah, I'd love to see SU go for it here, I guess a potential hiccup is if he's intent on reclassifying up to 22 from 23. I believe SU has one scholarship available, but Tafara may not see a lot of PT available.

Yeah, I'd love to see SU go for it here, I guess a potential hiccup is if he's intent on reclassifying up to 22 from 23. I believe SU has one scholarship available, but Tafara may not see a lot of PT available.
Of all the reasons for not picking SU, I highly doubt that the availability of PT is one of them. Gapare is going to play from day one pretty much wherever he goes.

Interesting take! I certainly agree that Tafara is an intriguing, fast-rising prospect, but to say he is "going to play from day one pretty much wherever he goes," how would any of us know that?

Four-star forward Tafara Gapare decommits from DePaul

Tafara Gapare has de-committed from DePaul University this morning. Gapare, a 6-foot-10 205 pound four- star has reopened his recruitment while still holding the possibility of returning to the Blue Demons.

In terms of where his recruitment stands now, there are a few schools in the mix for the talented forward but no exact timetable for a decision to stay in the class of 2023 or which college program he will commit to in the future.

Interesting take! I certainly agree that Tafara is an intriguing, fast-rising prospect, but to say he is "going to play from day one pretty much wherever he goes," how would any of us know that?
Hey, I hear you! We are all just guessing. Some guesses are based on years of experience and knowledge of the game, some are not. I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a 6-10, 215, 7-0 wingspan, ultra-athletic forward with the type of advanced skill set displayed in the scouting video from New Zealand (see post #77) is going to play from day one pretty much wherever he goes, including SU. Gapare might not see a lot of PT initially if he goes to someplace like Duke, Kentucky, UNC. But, he will, I think, "pretty much" anywhere else, especially relative to his top 7 list (I suspect that more big-name schools are going to jump in here).

But, you are right, I don't "know" that to be true.

He showed some crazy skills in those videos, although in about half of them, he was playing a poor level of competition where he towered over the other players.

He showed some crazy skills in those videos, although in about half of them, he was playing a poor level of competition where he towered over the other players.

You werent impressed by the 5-7 white kids?

he looks really skilled though

Four-star forward Tafara Gapare decommits from DePaul

Tafara Gapare has de-committed from DePaul University this morning. Gapare, a 6-foot-10 205 pound four- star has reopened his recruitment while still holding the possibility of returning to the Blue Demons.

In terms of where his recruitment stands now, there are a few schools in the mix for the talented forward but no exact timetable for a decision to stay in the class of 2023 or which college program he will commit to in the future.
I don’t see why we wouldn’t try to recruit him again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom