Taurean Thompson | Page 154 | Syracusefan.com

Taurean Thompson

How many minutes per night do we expect him to play when the ACC season starts? IF - IF - we sign White I don't see a lot of minutes for Moyer either. I always get worried when high ranking kids don't get a lot of minutes. Keeping everyone happy can be a chore. Good problem to have I guess, but barring injuries 8 are going to play.

I don't see many minutes for TT once ACC season rolls around. I think he would be the 4th center and 3rd or 4th pf.

I don't understand the worry about high ranking kids waiting their turn. That is when JB has his best teams. I was sad to see the 2 and done model leave. I think TT understands he needs to wait his turn, and it was a big factor in taking his time with his decision.

His wait isn't that long either. Both he and Moyer start in 2017-18. Be good for both of them to practice against TR, TL, etc., all year as well. Makes us that much better as a result. However, should they be better than the incumbents, they play. Just how it goes at a school like cuse. Same goes for FH.

Thompson and Moyer won't be part of the regular rotation IMO. We play 8, they are the odd men out.

That may be true. However, I think they will both get opportunities to play. If they do well they will get more minutes. If they do bad JB will give them a glaring look.

jb2.png
jb3.png
jb7.jpg
jb10.jpg
You get the idea.

Hopefully they will see that our team will be decimated by graduations and early NBA declarations. They may not play a ton this year but they will be the building blocks for the 2017-2018 team.

Starting to remind me of the talent we had CJ Fair's and Dion Waiter's freshman year. Having fantastic talent coming off the bench to bolster a great starting 5 especially if White comes along.

Starting to remind me of the talent we had CJ Fair's and Dion Waiter's freshman year. Having fantastic talent coming off the bench to bolster a great starting 5 especially if White comes along.

Hopefully, you mean their SOPHOMORE year. The team their frosh season wasn't that particularly great [2011]. but the year before and after were exceptional squads.

Hopefully, you mean their SOPHOMORE year. The team their frosh season wasn't that particularly great [2011]. but the year before and after were exceptional squads.

My memory was a bit fuzzy I guess. Rick Jackson's senior year was one of my favorite seasons. But yeah, the next year more accurately portrays the point i was trying to make, thanks.

Don't see him playing a single meaningful minute in ACC play barring some horrific injury/foul trouble but even in that case we have 3 guys that have played the 5 previously and a minimum of 2 guys ahead of him at the 4 and this is with or without White coming in and pushing Lydon to eat up more of his mins at the 4/5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom