Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

This is what we need ! We need to get to recruits games constantly.. Show that we care! I like it, feel like the ‘20 class will be our first great class in a while

This very friendly basketball mom (known for her bird call during games, so her son knows she's there) sat next to me for the TTO/City Rocks game this morning. Her son, Efton Reid '21, plays for TTO. She shared a little nugget with me on Woody. She said Woody's mother says that he really likes Syracuse! Then she said to me you aren't a recruiter are you with a smile. I don't want break any violations.

Side note.. her son (who comes off the bench for Hunter Dickinson) is #22 in the latest ESPN top 60 for 2021...
Screenshot_20190427-145851_Chrome.jpg

This very friendly basketball mom (known for her bird call during games, so her son knows she's there) sat next to me for the TTO/City Rocks game this morning. Her son, Efton Reid '21, plays for TTO. She shared a little nugget with me on Woody. She said Woody's mother says that he really likes Syracuse! Then she said to me you aren't a recruiter are you with a smile. I don't want break any violations.

Side note.. her son (who comes off the bench for Hunter Dickinson) is #22 in the latest ESPN top 60 for 2021...
View attachment 161271

Well if we can't get a top 25 player interested in us, at least we can get a top 25 player's mother giving us insider recruiting info on our top 150 forward prospects.

Woody only played in Team Takeovers first 2 games which I watched. This team is deep like I said in the the Dickinson thread. He only played 8 minutes in game 1 and then 15 minutes in game 2. Woody started both games. He did not play in their final 2 games on Sunday. One of the parents thought he may have been injured. I didn't see him get hurt on Saturday, so I'm not sure what happened on Sunday.