Class of 2020 - PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 PF Woody Newton (MD) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Relax. Kid can play. EYBL numbers haven't been impressive thus far.. I get that. But there are a couple things to keep in mind... 1. Team Takeover is one of the best if not the best teams in the EYBL and they are deep again this year. He starts but the bench gets their share of run too. Very balanced team that shares the ball. Most of their games will have guys 5 or 6 guys in double figures. 2. Woody's minutes were limited in Atlanta (undisclosed injury).

Woody has game. Very good athletic wing/forward (3/4) that can create off the dribble.. Woody's biggest strength right now probably is his slashing ability and making plays and opportunities for his teammates. He has a nice stroke and can score from all three levels despite the percentages you've seen through 2 EYBL sessions. Woody is a good defender too. With his combination of size, skill, and athletic ability he can play either forward position and guard multiple spots. Versatile kid.

if he signs & everyone returns, then during his freshman campaign, nearly half the roster will stand 6-9 or taller

bigs:
  • newton, 6-9 frosh
  • braswell, 6-9 junior
  • dolezaj, 6-10 senior
  • sidibe, 6-10 senior
  • jba, 6-11 soph
  • edwards, 6-11 soph
wings:
  • boeheim, 6-6 junior
  • guerrier, 6-7 soph
  • ?jackson, 6-6 frosh
guards
  1. washington 6-3 senior
  2. carey, 6-3 junior
  3. goodine, 6-4 soph
  4. jgiii, 6-2 soph

if he signs & everyone returns, then during his freshman campaign, nearly half the roster will stand 6-9 or taller

bigs:
  • newton, 6-9 frosh
  • braswell, 6-9 junior
  • dolezaj, 6-10 senior
  • sidibe, 6-10 senior
  • jba, 6-11 soph
  • edwards, 6-11 soph
wings:
  • boeheim, 6-6 junior
  • guerrier, 6-7 soph
  • ?jackson, 6-6 frosh
guards
  1. washington 6-3 senior
  2. carey, 6-3 junior
  3. goodine, 6-4 soph
  4. jgiii, 6-2 soph
I wish we still had a guy that was 6’14”

I like this kids game and I feel like people were saying he was continuing to improve and has upside. Haven't watched a lot of tape on him but he is 6'8" 190 pounds.

Atwood was saving his best for last apparently...
3 for 3 from downtown. Also added 1 steal and 1 block.
Have you seen him live or any recent video of his jump shot? I saw a workout video, that I assume was a couple of years old, and the firm was scary.

Woody is going to be a star for cuse. He is just coming into his own.

Have you seen him live or any recent video of his jump shot? I saw a workout video, that I assume was a couple of years old, and the firm was scary.
Yes, I saw him live most recently at Session 1 in Atlanta. His J looks solid. Numbers to this point don't exactly show that, but he can score it from all 3 levels. Known more as a slasher that can get his own or create for others. Can also step out and knock down 3s to keep the D honest. 2-way player that can play either forward spot and guard multiple positions. Long and athletic so you know he'll fit well in the zone.