Class of 2019 - PG Andrew Nembhard (CN) to Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Andrew Nembhard (CN) to Florida

Former 5 star PG takes his name out of the draft and is now entering the portal... #CanadianPipeline
I'd take him in a NY minute. Doubt we'll offer but he'd be a great get I'm sure he'll be in high demand.

I’m with ya but this kid would thrive in our system. Dont see him going to gonzaga with suggs going there
No way would I want to sacrifice playing time for a returning starter, and a kid who could do great things here, for someone who will be a one and done.

No way would I want to sacrifice playing time for a returning starter, and a kid who could do great things here, for someone who will be a one and done.
It would be recruiting suicide...

If the NCAA screws us (usually a good bet) and Griffin doesn’t get the waiver we need a fourth guard. We can’t go into the season with just Buddy, JG3 and Richmond. One of those guys will either get hurt or be in foul trouble.
But this kid will not want to be just a piece he will want to be featured so he probably isn’t a fit. Frankly Howard Washington should’ve stayed. He’s not going pro, was well respected in the program and could’ve earned a ton of time next year.

If the NCAA screws us (usually a good bet) and Griffin doesn’t get the waiver we need a fourth guard. We can’t go into the season with just Buddy, JG3 and Richmond. One of those guys will either get hurt or be in foul trouble.
But this kid will not want to be just a piece he will want to be featured so he probably isn’t a fit. Frankly Howard Washington should’ve stayed. He’s not going pro, was well respected in the program and could’ve earned a ton of time next year.
HoWa would have been, at best, our 4th guard. Unless Kadary severely underachieves based on everything that’s been said about him then HoWa wasn’t getting meaningful minutes over him.

If he was getting “a ton of time” next season we would have been in big trouble. He’s just not an ACC level guard. I’m excited to watch him at a lower level this season because he seems like an awesome dude and was a great teammate but he shouldn’t be getting meaningful minutes at Cuse.

Agreed 100% on Washington. I do think he would be fine for the role of fourth guard as you suggested and could fill in and play 10 to 15 minutes a game where necessary. But I overstated things when I said play a ton of minutes. I just hate the idea of going into the season with only three guards. Even in the best case scenario without injuries and fouls you are setting Buddy and Girard up to fail by playing jump shooters and mediocre defenders 35-40 minutes.

Agreed 100% on Washington. I do think he would be fine for the role of fourth guard as you suggested and could fill in and play 10 to 15 minutes a game where necessary. But I overstated things when I said play a ton of minutes. I just hate the idea of going into the season with only three guards. Even in the best case scenario without injuries and fouls you are setting Buddy and Girard up to fail by playing jump shooters and mediocre defenders 35-40 minutes.
Kadary will play a lot at guard, which will reduce Joe’s minutes at PG a bit and Buddy’s a bit too. I expect Kadary to play at least 20 minutes a game, maybe more. And Griffin can fill in at guard if someone gets injured for a few games. We should be fine.

But he has 2 years of eligibility, and, if no waiver, will have to sit out a year. Does that change your opinion?

But he has 2 years of eligibility, and, if no waiver, will have to sit out a year. Does that change your opinion?

If you're recruiting for 2021 and 22. Yes.

I don't think he's that good. He was overrated coming out of HS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom