Class of 2017 - PG Blake Harris (VA) Tranferring from Missouri to NC State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Blake Harris (VA) Tranferring from Missouri to NC State

They were worse than Rutgers last year, and have been pretty bad for a while not, now they are landing top recruits, how is this not shady?
They also have a new coach with new assistants and the top-rated HS senior in the country. Wake Forest and Minnesota were equally bad two years ago.

What's your definition of awhile?

They also have a new coach with new assistants and the top-rated HS senior in the country. Wake Forest and Minnesota were equally bad two years ago.

What's your definition of awhile?

They haven't had a winning record in 4 years, haven't been to the tournament in 5, how is that?

They were worse than Rutgers last year, and have been pretty bad for a while not, now they are landing top recruits, how is this not shady?
Let's take a deep dive:

Mizzou hires Martin. Martin hires Porter Senior. Washington and Illinois hire new head coaches. Porter Jr. and Harris ask for release from Washington. Tillmon asks for release from Illinois. No surprise that Porter Jr. follows his dad back home. Harris was already expecting to play with Porter Jr. and had a great visit at Mizzou. Tillmon went to the same high school as Martin. If Jontay Porter wants to play with his brother for one year, he'll reclassify. We're talking about Missouri here, so show me how any of that is shady.

And then there's Knox. Why wouldn't he be interested, all things considered? (Granted, he still might wind up elsewhere.)

Let's take a deep dive:

Mizzou hires Martin. Martin hires Porter Senior. Washington and Illinois hire new head coaches. Porter Jr. and Harris ask for release from Washington. Tillmon asks for release from Illinois. No surprise that Porter Jr. follows his dad back home. Harris was already expecting to play with Porter Jr. and had a great visit at Mizzou. Tillmon went to the same high school as Martin. If Jontay Porter wants to play with his brother for one year, he'll reclassify. We're talking about Missouri here, so show me how any of that is shady.

And then there's Knox. Why wouldn't he be interested, all things considered? (Granted, he still might wind up elsewhere.)

Yes we are talking about Missouri, a program that has been god awful for 4 straight years.

They haven't had a winning record in 4 years, haven't been to the tournament in 5, how is that?
So they had three bad years under Kim Anderson while dealing with self-imposed and NCAA sanctions. They're not that far removed from being a #2 seed in the 2012 tournament. And they were solid during the Mike Anderson era.

Yes we are talking about Missouri, a program that has been god awful for 4 straight years.
You mean three years. And with a different coach, who was a questionable hire in the first place. They wanted to finally give him a shot and the timing was right with the probation.

So they had three bad years under Kim Anderson while dealing with self-imposed and NCAA sanctions. They're not that far removed from being a #2 seed in the 2012 tournament. And they were solid during the Mike Anderson era.

And what did they do w with that 2 seed? lost to a 15 seed, they have been irrelevant for years now.

He has several, actually.

54d6db1376748.image.jpg

You're absolutely right. I'm spreading fake news! I have no idea where I got that from. I usually fact check better than that before I post anything. I'm putting myself on probation.

And what did they do w with that 2 seed? lost to a 15 seed, they have been irrelevant for years now.
They were still a #2 seed. (Norfolk St. was a horrible matchup for Mizzou, BTW.) You're trying to have it both ways again.

Irrelevant for three years, big deal.

They were still a #2 seed. (Norfolk St. was a horrible matchup for Mizzou, BTW.) You're trying to have it both ways again.

Irrelevant for three years, big deal.

Irrelevant, they have been worse than Rutgers for 3 years, they haven't won a tourney game in 7 years.

They weren't a horrible matchup. Mizzou flat out didn't show up to play.

Keep moving the goalposts...

What goalposts, they have been attrocious for 3 years now, they haven't won a tournament game in 7 years, ya a 2 seed is great if you do something in the tournament, losing in the first round to a 15 seed is an epic flameout, they have never been to a final four.

They weren't a horrible matchup. Mizzou flat out didn't show up to play.
That couldn't be farther from the truth. Mizzou was undersized, they had Kim English playing the four. Playing small ball worked for them all year, but everyone on Norfolk St. was huge. Both of their guards were as tall as English.

You think Mizzou didn't show up? Really? That's just crazy talk. They only lost by two.

What goalposts, they have been attrocious for 3 years now, they haven't won a tournament game in 7 years, ya a 2 seed is great if you do something in the tournament, losing in the first round to a 15 seed is an epic flameout, they have never been to a final four.
Maybe you should work on showing how anything they've done in this recruiting period is shady.

I don't know if it's just the early entries or what but I now have this urge to White Knight for anything Brian is arguing against.

I was like thiiiiiis close to defending Mizzou basketball of all things.

I know Knox and porter are good. Still jontay gotta reclassify.. Tilmon and Harris haven't committed yet. Harris also visited mf state. Tilmon looks like he is a lock or Illinois. Michael porter said he will stay a 2nd year to play with jontay
Porter, like JB, says things

That couldn't be farther from the truth. Mizzou was undersized, they had Kim English playing the four. Playing small ball worked for them all year, but everyone on Norfolk St. was huge. Both of their guards were as tall as English.

You think Mizzou didn't show up? Really? That's just crazy talk. They only lost by two.

Norfolk st was an awful team from the Meac, Missouri played terribly in the game.

Yeah. I'm sorry but I don't think you get to play the "bad matchup" card if you lose to a fifteen seed.
You can't guard outside shooters when they can just shoot over you. Norfolk shot the lights out and had a ridiculous height advantage.

Mizzou has no trouble with the other #15 seeds, including Lehigh.

You can't guard outside shooters when they can just shoot over you. Norfolk shot the lights out and had a ridiculous height advantage.

Mizzou has no trouble with the other #15 seeds, including Lehigh.

That doesn't excuse the loss, and its not going to make mizzou fans feel any better.

That doesn't excuse the loss, and its not going to make mizzou fans feel any better.
I'm going to see Chris Rock tonight, so with that in mind:

Now I'm not saying the loss to Norfolk wasn't embarrassing...but I understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom