Class of 2019 - PG Cole Anthony (NY/Oak Hill) to North Carolina | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Cole Anthony (NY/Oak Hill) to North Carolina

I don't remember that but I'll take your word for it. His tune changed for whatever reason when he went to TBS/TruTV. I heard him make snarky comments about the zone in the studio during either recaps or previews a few years ago.
I wouldn't be surprised if Greg is not a proponent of all zone-all the time--or maybe not for his own kid--but I get the sense he respects the hell out of JB. He was always singing JB's praises as a tactician and in game coach. Kenny Smith on the other hand is much more likely to be aiming snarky criticisms at JB. But he's just mad because SU and JB ruined his last shot at a Final Four as a senior at Carolina (he never made it to the final weekend) on our march to the national title game in 1987.

Why waste our time?

Yep. No shot here, but this kid is damn good. He would a lotto pick now, probably. I don't check in here much, because just no way we get him. It's fine. His one year in school will be great, but we are doing just fine. The one and done foundation isn't super effective. I like what we have being built here. Great players that will develop in College.

Cole doing Cole things all weekend in Dallas. Kid is unreal on both ends of the floor.
I know we aren't in on this one (sadly), but he sure is fun to watch. Hopefully he doesn't end up at Duke or Carolina...

This matchup between the Cards and Rens was standing room only (and about 5 deep in most spots). Cole Anthony didn't disappoint. Lecque, Cockburn, or the rest of the Rens couldn't stop him (not that any on the circuit have). Clips of Cole are always nice but seeing him live... wow! When he jumps its like he hits a booster mid jump and takes it to another level. If you didn't know him and were sizing him up.. you wouldn't think elite athlete. Not that big or muscular, legs are on the skinny side, but man is he is tough, quick, and those hops!

I know, I know... we aren't going to get Cole. So hard Not appreciate his game and enjoy watching. Not only is he the top PG in the class, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up the #1 overall player in the class. More from Session 3 in Atlanta...

This matchup between the Cards and Rens was standing room only (and about 5 deep in most spots). Cole Anthony didn't disappoint. Lecque, Cockburn, or the rest of the Rens couldn't stop him (not that any on the circuit have). Clips of Cole are always nice but seeing him live... wow! When he jumps its like he hits a booster mid jump and takes it to another level. If you didn't know him and were sizing him up.. you wouldn't think elite athlete. Not that big or muscular, legs are on the skinny side, but man is he is tough, quick, and those hops!

impressive but man I miss the day when palming was actually called.

Him transferring to Oak Hill has certainly sent shockwaves throughout the city. Was talking to my dad about it yesterday and a lot of coaches and people in the basketball scene are confused as to why his camp is doing this now. Is it because Moses Brown is at UCLA and now he'd have to do everything on his own? He's not going to get better coaching in VA. What distractions are there in NYC that you haven't put up with for three years already?

Him transferring to Oak Hill has certainly sent shockwaves throughout the city. Was talking to my dad about it yesterday and a lot of coaches and people in the basketball scene are confused as to why his camp is doing this now. Is it because Moses Brown is at UCLA and now he'd have to do everything on his own? He's not going to get better coaching in VA. What distractions are there in NYC that you haven't put up with for three years already?

Academics?

He wants a shot at a national title.

I wouldn't be surprised if Greg is not a proponent of all zone-all the time--or maybe not for his own kid--but I get the sense he respects the hell out of JB. He was always singing JB's praises as a tactician and in game coach. Kenny Smith on the other hand is much more likely to be aiming snarky criticisms at JB. But he's just mad because SU and JB ruined his last shot at a Final Four as a senior at Carolina (he never made it to the final weekend) on our march to the national title game in 1987.
His dad played only zone at UNLV under Tark -- not sure that would be an issue.

Academics?

Why would academics be a problem now? He'd get placed in easy classes to get his grades up. That would also be his parents fault that he got this far along in school and now that he's going to be a senior, his academics are now an issue.

He wants a shot at a national title.

If he really wanted to win a national title, he'd have gone to Montverde where the coaching is better.

Pitt has to be liking their chances

Anthony was never going to send his kid to Syracuse but it’s a kick in the balls regardless to see six other ACC schools make the cut including a Louisville.

Anthony was never going to send his kid to Syracuse but it’s a kick in the balls regardless to see six other ACC schools make the cut including a Louisville.
We already recruited and got Goodine to commit.

We already recruited and got Goodine to commit.

Yeah but if Cole Anthony wants to come to SU Boeheim is taking him with open arms, regardless of who is on board.

Rankings are rankings. People keep sleeping on Goodine. I'm not sure why.

Goodine had almost as good a season on Anthony on the circuit.

Yeah but if Cole Anthony wants to come to SU Boeheim is taking him with open arms, regardless of who is on board.
Cole aAnthony is a highly regarded recruit.. ever wonder why SU has not gotten far in recruiting him. Or is it because Boeheim is happy with getting Goodine and for awhile in recruiting Lecque.