Class of 2019 - PG Cole Anthony (NY/Oak Hill) to North Carolina | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PG Cole Anthony (NY/Oak Hill) to North Carolina

This kid is something else. Fraschilla said the other day on Sirius that he would be among the top PGs in this 2017 class!

It well past the time to offer IMO. Walker, Redish ring a bell.
I agree, we could have offered him a year ago. With Reddish it was even worse, because he came to our elite camp and left without an offer, iirc.

I agree, we could have offered him a year ago. With Reddish it was even worse, because he came to our elite camp and left without an offer, iirc.

Its not a guaranty that we could land Cole Anthony but why not offer and get things rolling early. He's obviously a top if not the top PG in his class. He has plenty of size for our system as well.

Its not a guaranty that we could land Cole Anthony but why not offer and get things rolling early. He's obviously a top if not the top PG in his class. He has plenty of size for our system as well.
I agree, it would be interesting to hear JB's stance on handing out early offers. It would seem that offering a guy like Cam or Cole early would be a no brainer, because if you wait, they think that you don't want them and they have already eliminated us before we get the chance to pitch them on SU.

I agree, it would be interesting to hear JB's stance on handing out early offers. It would seem that offering a guy like Cam or Cole early would be a no brainer, because if you wait, they think that you don't want them and they have already eliminated us before we get the chance to pitch them on SU.
Yeah, on the one hand, you don't want to look like you don't value your offers by throwing out 50 of them to anyone with a pulse. But on the other, you can't just offer 10-12 guys and be like :noidea:when none of them commit.

Yeah, on the one hand, you don't want to look like you don't value your offers by throwing out 50 of them to anyone with a pulse. But on the other, you can't just offer 10-12 guys and be like :noidea:when none of them commit.
It's a delicate game. But, offering these top tier guys early does nothing but keep the door open. Of course we can continue to evaluate others, and others may spring up that we like even more, so we can offer then and then maybe slow down on the other guys. Obviously it isn't as simple as all this.

Agreed. But offering top guys like this early is going to give you an idea of where you stand with them early on as well. If the kid tells you he's not interested you move on and offer that same spot to someone else.

jordoo, you are right. We are going to be so far behind the 8 ball. I have said many times on here that even with hopkins that this staff can not recruit and I got blasted for saying it and when we do a little recruiting, we couldn't close a top deal. No real need to mention, Green, and the other, but if they don't get their heads out of their butts really soon, it may be years before this school see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Maybe he sucked at the camp

jordoo, you are right. We are going to be so far behind the 8 ball. I have said many times on here that even with hopkins that this staff can not recruit and I got blasted for saying it and when we do a little recruiting, we couldn't close a top deal. No real need to mention, Green, and the other, but if they don't get their heads out of their butts really soon, it may be years before this school see any light at the end of the tunnel.
That's a scary thought. Not sure what would light a fire under them besides a complete overhaul.

That's a scary thought. Not sure what would light a fire under them besides a complete overhaul.
That was my exact thought. I'm sorry but all we have our ex alumni who can't teach and sure can not recruit. We need to clean house, I know someone is going to bite my head off but we are falling further and further the longer it goes. Maybe keep Red but that's it. We need to let HCJB settle into retirement, stop dragging the inevitable. Grab a good young coach ( and there are some real good ones)out there wanting to come here and carry on a awesome basketball tradition and a awesome school that was let by a head coach, HCJB. If something isn't done soon, we are going to be set back so much and go through what the SU football team has gone through the last 10 -15 years and finally getting things heading in the right direction.

Last edited: