Class of 2023 - PG Dajuan "DJ" Wagner Jr (NJ) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Dajuan "DJ" Wagner Jr (NJ) Offered

This kid nor anyone who really wants to excel in the NBA should avoid Kentucky! Kal can recruit with his boosters bags of money but he is not a great coach. Any number of NCAA coaches will develop him better. All Kal does is recruit and sign NBA caliber players. Only 1 championship With all that talent and that one came when he had upper class men.
Whoever is advertising him should steer him away from KU!

Last edited:
This kid not anyone who really wants to excel in the NBA should avoid Kentucky! Kal can recruit with his boosters bags of money but he is not a great coach. Any number of NCAA coaches will develop him better. All Kal does is recruit and sign NBA caliber players. Only 1 championship With all that talent and that one came when he had upper class men.
Whoever is advertising her should steer him away from KU!

The commitment of Wagner will change the course of Louisville's program and put them back at the top of the conference spotlight as heavy recruiting momentum will undoubtedly follow the #1 player in the country. The question is, how, when, and if Syracuse gets back national recruiting momentum of their own?

The commitment of Wagner will change the course of Louisville's program and put them back at the top of the conference spotlight as heavy recruiting momentum will undoubtedly follow the #1 player in the country. The question is, how, when, and if Syracuse gets back national recruiting momentum of their own?
I'm just glad Louisville learned their lesson for serial cheating.

Felt like Dior was supposed to be that guy at least initially. Unsure if we get a major recruit (top 10 level) until there’s a little more clarity around our “ironclad plan.”

honst question - why would anyone go to kentucky at this point?
Cal gets kids drafted. They believe in his pitch. He’s equated to over a billion dollars in nba contracts for kids he coached. Hard to deny

Felt like Dior was supposed to be that guy at least initially. Unsure if we get a major recruit (top 10 level) until there’s a little more clarity around our “ironclad plan.”
I agree, that’s holding cuse back currently. That and zero NIL interest from alumni

I agree, that’s holding cuse back currently. That and zero NIL interest from alumni
Why does NIL interest have to be alumni? A lot of boosters of college athletics never went to the schools they support (granted, it tends to be at large state schools).

seems like yesterday I was reading the Star Ledger about his dad dropping a hundo in high school. His Memphis team won the NIT in his 1 year, then the poor guy had his colon removed cutting short his NBA career. This kid is unstoppable, hoping he has a more sustained career than his dad. Besides Sr, his game reminds me of Marcus Smart, that's probably his pro ceiling.

Why does NIL interest have to be alumni? A lot of boosters of college athletics never went to the schools they support (granted, it tends to be at large state schools).
Alumni was the wrong word, it should be fans in general, you’re right there but the point remains.

Cal gets kids drafted. They believe in his pitch. He’s equated to over a billion dollars in nba contracts for kids he coached. Hard to deny
i think hes a good salesman...but I dont think he has much to do with getting the players drafted. wouldnt all those players still do well on other p5 teams? his pitch is bascally the NBA cant find you if you arent with me...which doesnt make sense.

its kinda like he has the spotlight and sells that to players which does help and is certainly worth something...but his results relative to all that talent have been pretty weak. i dont think his players are actually developing any better than they would with any replacement level p5 coach.

What is interesting about Wagner is that the State of New Jersey is using him for public service announcements about getting vaccinated for Covid 19. I live in Camden County and have seen the announcement several times. He appears to have a lot of poise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom