Class of 2018 - PG David Duke (RI) to Providence | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG David Duke (RI) to Providence

I prefer Duke over Carey. His size at the top of the zone is better.
They play different positions, and I'd prefer the one that is actually a point guard.

Considering they are both mentioned to be combo guards, my preference is 1. The one who signs first and 2. the taller player (Duke)...

In that order ;)

Last edited:
That is correct. And most scouting services list them as shooting guards. But both want to be recruited for college as points guards. Sign me up for either.

Forshore.

Don't matter he ain't coming here

You may be right, but why?

Addressed elsewhere to a snarky/bully comment that many "liked" for some unknwon reason: Red may have an extra "in" with Carey, but it's far from a done deal. The kcsu dude, whom folks mocked for his post, was right that it's good not to put all of your eggs in just one basket. All "offers" are not created equally, as Im sure most of us can recognize.

You may be right, but why?

Addressed elsewhere to a snarky/bully comment that many "liked" for some unknwon reason: Red may have an extra "in" with Carey, but it's far from a done deal. The kcsu dude, whom folks mocked for his post, was right that it's good not to put all of your eggs in just one basket. All "offers" are not created equally, as Im sure most of us can recognize.
If a kid doesn't reciprocate interest, it doesn't matter that we offered him, right?

Combo Guards and success at PG; just one name Sherman Douglas!
When was Sherm a combo guard? I remember him as a back up point guard to Pearl, but he was as pure a point guard as I've ever seen. Of course, I could be wrong and probably am.

When was Sherm a combo guard? I remember him as a back up point guard to Pearl, but he was as pure a point guard as I've ever seen. Of course, I could be wrong and probably am.
He became a combo guard in the NBA, imo...

Sherman was considered a combo guard when he was in High School in DC. Georgetown never recruited him.
He comes to Syracuse and the rest is history.

If a kid doesn't reciprocate interest, it doesn't matter that we offered him, right?

I agree with you brother. See, it IS possible. But what in the name of all that's good does your reply have to do with what I said, any more than the color of a car someone prefers? I dont scratch my head when this happens, but it's so well known, I'm curious if anyone here actually scratches there head literally, when you see things like this? Maybe it was more common in the past?

When they played at the same time, Pearl would go off the ball, and DESTROY 2Gs trying to guard him, especially on the baseline.

Duke Top 5: Florida, Nova, Providence, Indiana, Virginia Tech. Not sure if we backed off him since we seem to be going all in for Carey (kind of like Matt Coleman situation last year).

Side note: David Duke is from Providence, went to Classical (best public HS in Providence) before going to Cushing so Providence shouldnt be considered an underdog in this recruitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom