Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who is Weitsman bringing in.
Hopefully Washington
MV5BOWRkOTRjYTUtZjlkMC00MjY3LThmNGUtNzkyOTViODliMmIxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjk3NTUyOTc@._V1_.jpg

Last night I moved to seats in the second half down near where the recruits were sitting. Tape, starling, and clingan sat apart from other recruits and watched the game intently. Etienne, Dior, and a kid who I believe were Cruz sat right next to each other. Dior had headphones in the entire second half and every time (literally every time) I looked over he had his head in his phone. Same with Cruz (or at least who I believe was Cruz). Etienne seemed to be watching the game for the most part. The three of them did seem to have a good rapport. The reason I mention this is it just looked to me that Dior was on the visit for the experience and the attention, not the basketball. Which is fine, he’s a 16 year old kid who has lived with lebron James...just get the vibe he sees himself as a rockstar and has no intention of playing college basketball. Would love to get the local kid JJ Starling. But having Dior on campus does help with perception of our recruiting with other recruits.

Last night I moved to seats in the second half down near where the recruits were sitting. Tape, starling, and clingan sat apart from other recruits and watched the game intently. Etienne, Dior, and a kid who I believe were Cruz sat right next to each other. Dior had headphones in the entire second half and every time (literally every time) I looked over he had his head in his phone. Same with Cruz (or at least who I believe was Cruz). Etienne seemed to be watching the game for the most part. The three of them did seem to have a good rapport.

Initially, I thought it was pretty cool that SU had six top recruits on the same visit. Then I thought the fit was kinda odd for Tape as a graduating senior from Columbia, grouped with high school sophomores and juniors. Roughly 5-6 years age difference is a lot at this stage of life. He must have seemed like an old man to them or they like kids to him. Honestly, I'm not sure whether it would matter on a recruiting visit but hope he had a good impression of the program regardless.

What does Dior’s emoji on the bottom signify?

Do any of the Jalen Carey bench body language experts on here also analyze emoji body language?
Decided to do my own research. So, how do we expect Hop to utilize a JGIII-Dior backcourt? ;)

EF0AF49A-6751-4180-9EAA-EB2CE7E0C9FB.jpeg

I know "everyone" (myself included) gets geeked up about rising/incoming HS talent and such, but let's be honest with ourselves, when was the last time that a HS point guard went directly into the NBA and immediately thrived? Or even played a lot? The same could largely be said for lead guards one year removed from HS, with Devin Booker, Kyrie and (maybe) D'Angelo Russell being possible exceptions as first-year PG that played well.

Could Dior develop in the G-League? Sure. But he'd do so while riding buses and playing in front of 1200 every night in Maine, Greensboro or Erie. That's a long year.

Maybe he gets an internship with New Balance?

My point, ... college hoops should be an option he seriously considers.

Could Dior develop in the G-League? Sure. But he'd do so while riding buses and playing in front of 1200 every night in Maine, Greensboro or Erie. That's a long year.
I get your point but classes, mandatory study halls, assignments, & finals, especially if the curriculum is something that doesn’t interest you (just a general statement, I don’t know Dior’s interests) can make for a long year as well.

Point being, there’s pros & cons to either option. This kid has been around the pro life, as he basically lived with LeBron & his son this past summer.

Does JB even “Taco Tuesday” or is it only when we score 70? :p

You never know. Lebron could have said it may be wise to go to college. Parents are always trying to put out possibilities that are different than their path. Lebron has a unique perspective

I know "everyone" (myself included) gets geeked up about rising/incoming HS talent and such, but let's be honest with ourselves, when was the last time that a HS point guard went directly into the NBA and immediately thrived? Or even played a lot? The same could largely be said for lead guards one year removed from HS, with Devin Booker, Kyrie and (maybe) D'Angelo Russell being possible exceptions as first-year PG that played well.

Maybe he gets an internship with New Balance?

My point, ... college hoops should be an option he seriously considers.

You are really wrong on your point. Booker is not a PG and Russell struggled first year. There has been a LOT of PGs after 1 year in college (They had to give a year per rules) who have thrived. This year Morant, last year Trae Young and Sexxton. Year before that, Ball and Fox. All these guys would have been just as good right out of HS. There have always been PGs with little to no college who have done well. Talent is talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom