Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
imho, if they would allow the handful of kids like dior their right to work, rather than forcing them into a quasi indentured servant status for a year, then for the vast majority of student-athletes, college athletics might actually approach its ideal
I think NIL is a major step forward for college athletics. It's been kind of a no-brainer for a while now.

I think NIL is a major step forward for college athletics. It's been kind of a no-brainer for a while now.
it's a no brainer but it is not a major step. not even close

this is going to be poorly received, but i believe it wholeheartedly:

if you're encouraging him to do this, you aren't a fan of the program at all.

feel free to bitch and moan at me, but i'm right and you're not.
So, correct me if I'm wrong here, what you seem to be saying is that in order to be a fan of the program I have to put selfish desires above what may be in the best interest of this young man or any other recruits?

Well now you’re ignoring my personal selfish motives and wishes. Can’t have that but you make a valid point
No one was running the kid down. He is not in high school right now. It's October. The staff has reached out to him but they can't get in touch with him. Now, maybe there is a reasonable explanation for all of that. But to point it out is not being disloyal to the kid. It's pointing out a troublesome sign. We all hope that it gets rectified soon.

No one was running the kid down. He is not in high school right now. It's October. The staff has reached out to him but they can't get in touch with him. Now, maybe there is a reasonable explanation for all of that. But to point it out is not being disloyal to the kid. It's pointing out a troublesome sign. We all hope that it gets rectified soon.

Yeah, this doesn’t look great.

IIRC, last kid who went totally radio silent on the staff was TT.

Ponderous.

I’ll be pretty surprised if he makes it to campus at this point. I’d be pretty happy with Starling and Gayle. That would be a great haul in the backcourt regardless. Not to mention those guys are really talented and probably multiple year players rather than one and dones

I hope this kid does not overplay his hand and is getting good advice. He is not a manchild like Zion or even Jarace Walker. He has the body of a high school kid. He needs to get healthy, get experience and get stronger. And a high school education would be beneficial as well. He would get eaten alive today in the G League or in Europe by grown ass men.

While I hope he goes to Cuse because I am a fan, I think it is the best thing for him to go there for a year, achieve the goals I referenced above and still put some $ in his pocket with the new rules. How many high school guards have taken the non college route and had a long NBA career?

It would be painful to see him in the league without coming here first. Kid would be a generational talent the day he steps on campus. Fingers crossed

Yeah, I don't care. If he's basing a decision like this on his feelings about my posts, then he's got a failed decision making process.
I didn’t look into the context of why it was brought up if he looks at the forum or not, was just directing the post generally.

This thread has taken a strange turn...can someone make a poll if he's going to make it to campus or not so we can see where most of us stand instead of this wackiness. No one has bashed this kid and I'm pretty sure everyone wants him in orange...but actions tend to speak louder then words and this kids actions lately are throwing up red flags.

I hope this kid does not overplay his hand and is getting good advice. He is not a manchild like Zion or even Jarace Walker. He has the body of a high school kid. He needs to get healthy, get experience and get stronger. And a high school education would be beneficial as well. He would get eaten alive today in the G League or in Europe by grown ass men.

While I hope he goes to Cuse because I am a fan, I think it is the best thing for him to go there for a year, achieve the goals I referenced above and still put some $ in his pocket with the new rules. How many high school guards have taken the non college route and had a long NBA career?

I think I agree, to a certain extent. The last thing I want to see is him go the way of Telfair, but in reality, a one year detour at Syracuse isn't going to effect his future in the league all that much. He can work on his body all the same as a pro, and even more so with a paycheck coming in, if that's what he desires to do.

I think I agree, to a certain extent. The last thing I want to see is him go the way of Telfair, but in reality, a one year detour at Syracuse isn't going to effect his future in the league all that much. He can work on his body all the same as a pro, and even more so with a paycheck coming in, if that's what he desires to do.

This does not look good at all. The Rich Paul crew in the background. Gerry needs to be on his game here and not repeat the mistakes of past. We all know how that turned out

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors