Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because his presence on campus for an official visit creates buzz in recruiting circles. Even if people know he’s likely a straight to nba guy.
And why not keep working him, maybe by some miracle he goes to college for a year.

Because his presence on campus for an official visit creates buzz in recruiting circles. Even if people know he’s likely a straight to nba guy.

I think it’s a waist of time honestly but if it can create buzz and get us an actual center I’m all for it

I think it’s a waist of time honestly but if it can create buzz and get us an actual center I’m all for it
He probably knows every kid in the top 100 in his class, the class above, him and the class after him...its a relationship that can only help.

Who knows. maybe we can swing him to pull a carmelo and win us a chip and then leave.

1576815064651.png

some schools bag men literally pay kids that they know arent going to their school just to visit. it creates a buzz.

some schools bag men literally pay kids that they know arent going to their school just to visit. it creates a buzz.

By that same logic, I wonder if some guys pay chicks to hang around them so that they can start bagging real ones? It would seem like if it would work in basketball, it would work with chicks who are even more about "status" than males(the recruits). I guess nothing draws a crowd like a crowd?

Some have said why not keep recruiting him, even if according to Dasher he will never see a minute of college ball. I suppose I can play devil's advocate, not that I necessarily agree with what I am saying, but there are answers if you want them.

First, I would imagine Syracuse wouldn't be the only school to have this "genius" idea, so the competition with other schools would still be stiff, regardless of connections(like for all the recruits they've lost in the past with connections).

Second, I guess is a question. How much time and effort do you want to put into someone that's (according to this thread) lottery ticket odds? Boeheim can't make it in person to enough of the recruits that we have better chances with as it is, to satisfy many in here. And the other coaches are sacrificing time away from recruits whose chance, albeit not great from recent history, is still above zero.

I guess if it's minimal effort, then I agree why not. I reckon plenty of others would do the same as well, and those with less gaping holes in their lineups would logically have more resources to spare and up the ante, it would seem.

Again, I just read the last page and wanted to see why somebody way off in 2022 has 12 pages already and on pace to break the Taurean Thompson or whomever's record, so I dont know all of the details but hope I presented decent logic for anyone who asked, "Why not". If there is something I am missing because I didn't read the whole thread, and it invalidates my logic, let me know. I'm completely ambivalent at the moment and was just seeing how my reasoning would do coming in here cold being I am not as addicted into this as some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom