Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late to this party and have just watched one page of twitter clips. Why did we bother offering him? He is 1000% not the type of player we go after. Seems odd. If Hop was about to take over, maybe I could see it. JB? Homey doesn't play anything I saw in those videos.
If he was to go to college, and he isn't, he would most probably come here.

giphy.gif

I know it probably isn’t realistic as the risks likely outweigh the benefits in terms of his draft stock but any chance we could push for him to reclassify to 2021? Especially if he has any type of relationship with Andre Jackson

I know it probably isn’t realistic as the risks likely outweigh the benefits in terms of his draft stock but any chance we could push for him to reclassify to 2021? Especially if he has any type of relationship with Andre Jackson
No

That's a pretty sweet dunk for a kid who is going into his sophomore year of HS.
True. Right now, I don’t think he is in Andre’s league as a leaper. As a player, I think he is already better. That doesn’t mean I don’t think Andre isn’t good, I just think Dior is a really special talent.

Not that it means anything since he isn't going to school, but he deleted his post with the Syracuse offer.

Wait until Dior sees that he was ranked #19 in the ESPN 25 for 2022...

Last edited:
I don't remember reading this before so I figured I would repost the quote.

“It don’t matter. I’m from New York, I’ll always be a New York kid. I definitely like Syracuse, I’m definitely going to get an official too,” Johnson said. “That’s going to be one of my first (visits), probably in September.
“If I end up going there, I like them both (McNamara and Boeheim). I like their style of play. It’s a 2-3 (zone), that’s my style of defense,” He continued. “On offense they let their guards go. I feel like Syracuse hasn’t had any pro guards come out quick. If that happened, I’d try to be the next"

Also went on to say if given the chance he wouldn't attend college (not that that's news).

“It don’t matter. I’m from New York, I’ll always be a New York kid. I definitely like Syracuse, I’m definitely going to get an official too,” Johnson said. “That’s going to be one of my first (visits), probably in September.
“If I end up going there, I like them both (McNamara and Boeheim). I like their style of play. It’s a 2-3 (zone), that’s my style of defense,” He continued. “On offense they let their guards go. I feel like Syracuse hasn’t had any pro guards come out quick. If that happened, I’d try to be the next"

Also went on to say if given the chance he wouldn't attend college (not that that's news).

Lol what a tease

That’s 2 5-Star recruits saying they LIKE the zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors