Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 83 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a pure shooter with great balance and vision. He looks to be on the small side when compared to Tyus for example. he definitely translates as a PG in MBB and the NBA. Wonder how deep his shooting range is all the highlights are towing the line.

Any comparisons of NBA players we can make? Better shooter but like Rondo, Curry, AI? Thinking of lanky 6’3“ guys.

Spoken like someone's that trying to stir things up but doesn't actually have a point to make.
Spoken like someone that needs to gavel a nickname for Dior soon instead of what ever it is you are doing here. Your fans are waiting.

He is the best guard recruit I have seen since I started watching Cuse bball religiously in 1998. He has it all - handle, post up, fade away, mid range, penetration skills, his deep jumper looks good. Not much on his defensive skills but dude is a crazy athlete and at 6' 3'' is a decent size for the top of the Zone. This is the only good thing that has happened in 2020. haha

He is the best guard recruit I have seen since I started watching Cuse bball religiously in 1998. He has it all - handle, post up, fade away, mid range, penetration skills, his deep jumper looks good. Not much on his defensive skills but dude is a crazy athlete and at 6' 3'' is a decent size for the top of the Zone. This is the only good thing that has happened in 2020. haha

I beg to differ.

We also beat UNCheat like a rented mule in the ACCT -
that was most definitely a Good Thing. :cool:

He is Pearl with a jumper.

Guards only get knocked for their rebounding if they’re the coach’s son.
[/QUOTE
Guards get knocked for horrendous defense and effort on glass. Now when the player is 6'6 and is one the worse rebounding guards in SU history, he should get knocked doesn't matter who's son he is. Go look at the stats. John Gillon was better on the glass

Dumb question. I have not watched all the highlight videos (I tend not to because I don't want to get too hyped before a guy actually shows up on campus and plays in a game)... but he looks much smaller than 6'3" in the most recent video. Is that height legit? And, dumb question: can he dunk? There were none in the video I watched.

Dumb question. I have not watched all the highlight videos (I tend not to because I don't want to get too hyped before a guy actually shows up on campus and plays in a game)... but he looks much smaller than 6'3" in the most recent video. Is that height legit? And, dumb question: can he dunk? There were none in the video I watched.
Height’s legit and he can dunk when he wants to yes

Yeah, he’s not a dunk in traffic guy...yet. But, he dunks on breakaways. As mentioned earlier, height seems legit. He is lean and not afraid to take it to the hoop against anybody. And he finishes well and creatively.

Would love to see the HS Pearl and Dior play 1 on 1. They would both leave with broken ankles:)

seems like Pearl would overpower him. I’d say Dior would be much quicker but Pearl was deceptively quick for his thick frame. Would be a heck of a matchup for sure.

Yeah, he’s not a dunk in traffic guy...yet. But, he dunks on breakaways. As mentioned earlier, height seems legit. He is lean and not afraid to take it to the hoop against anybody. And he finishes well and creatively.
Drive for dough dunk for show

I beg to differ.

We also beat UNCheat like a rented mule in the ACCT -
that was most definitely a Good Thing. :cool:
Does anyone actually rent a mule nowadays, and why would they beat it? Questions need answers.

Does anyone actually rent a mule nowadays, and why would they beat it? Questions need answers.

I think the modern equivalent would be "drive it like you stole it"

The metaphor didn't work as well... "We drove UNC like we stole it in the ACC tournament" doesn't ring off the tongue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors