Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And as a side note to that why are people honestly panicking about if he actually makes it here? The level of paranoia with some of the fans is off the wall. My god just relax and enjoy the ride. We have a top 5 recruit, you should be happy and if ya can’t be happy about that then ya need to get laid cuz you are way to serious about this stuff.
“Panic” is a stretch. Realistic concern is... realistic. Bazely just happened.
I think everyone is “happy” about him, but it’s like being happy you just got a new car, and still being afraid someone is gonna sideswipe you in it.

“Panic” is a stretch. Realistic concern is... realistic. Bazely just happened.
I think everyone is “happy” about him, but it’s like being happy you just got a new car, and still being afraid someone is gonna sideswipe you in it.

That is an absolutely horrible way to go thru life.
You can't spend all your time worrying about the thousands of "what if?'s" that could possibly happen.

I think the glass is half full.
Others may think it's half empty.
You think the glass is going to shatter, and its (half) full of poison, so if you don't bleed to death, the poison will get you anyway.

That is an absolutely horrible way to go thru life.
You can't spend all your time worrying about the thousands of "what if?'s" that could possibly happen.

I think the glass is half full.
Others may think it's half empty.
You think the glass is going to shatter, and its (half) full of poison, so if you don't bleed to death, the poison will get you anyway.
I think it’s a realistic reaction. We thought we had Bazely and he spurned us for a paycheck. We are in very much the same situation with Dior—expecting the regulations to change very soon. Being aware of those ramifications isn’t being negative, it’s being pragmatic and conservative with your glee. If you walk outside on a beautiful sunny day and immediately get a pigeonload dropped on you, if you walk outside the next day without looking up, that’s kinda not normal.

I had a positive emotional reaction to his commitment. But I think it’s only 50/50 that he plays for us. I can consider and discuss the possibility of him not playing for us without having any emotional reaction to it. A “concern” isn’t the same as handwringing anxiety. And it certainly doesn’t amount to ‘spending all my time worrying.’

Last edited:
1adiorcuse4EI0yPiulr1W.gif

I wouldn’t worry too much about Dior. The pieces are starting to come together (more to come). I really believe he wants Syracuse, and he’s certainly recruiting his butt off for us. If the NBA abolishes the one year rule, Dior would be stupid not to evaluate the situation. The kid wants a legacy
The NBA would not implement the rule change before 2023, so no need to worry. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. This is at the bottom of their concerns.

The NBA would not implement the rule change before 2023, so no need to worry. We’re in the middle of a pandemic. This is at the bottom of their concerns.
I think people are worried about thr G-League offer he’ll get

but I agree, he’ll be here freshman year

I think people are worried about thr G-League offer he’ll get

but I agree, he’ll be here freshman year

Luckily I think the exposure and spotlight sells more to this kid than just a paycheck. The G league needs time to transfer the talent grab into being a tv fixture. I do think the big checks will matter to the kids who don't care about the college atmosphere or tv exposure of the college game. Dior definitely is all about the exposure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom