Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the thru-the-legs bit is unnecessary showboating, but -
That pass was still right on the money. :cool:

That said, JB is gonna have an aneurism the first time Dior tries that in a real game. ;)
Well, he did freeze the defender by doing that so it was a pretty intelligent play.

Kid is crazy talented. Effortless. Left handed dribblers have an advantage getting to the rim, too. He is so smooth, and he sees the pass and delivers it so well. OMG, I really hope he makes it to campus. This guy could legitimately be the best PG in the country if he plays college ball.

Screenshot_20200621-000942.png

Dior looks very young physically. Once he matures in that regard, going to be scary for the competition.

Dior IS very young.
Physically, and otherwise.

But I agree, adding physical maturity to his insane skills will make him an absolute nightmare for opponents when he’s older.

That said - Dior is a generational talent.
Like Pearl was.

And Pearl was not a plus athlete, and had very much a below the rim game.
But he had insane skills.
Which is why he dominated in HS and college, but not in the NBA.

So, while ideally Dior can gain physically, it’s not mandatory for his success in college.

Last edited:
Dior IS very young.
Physically, and otherwise.

But I agree, adding physical maturity to his insane skills will make him an absolute nightmare for opponents when he’s older.

That said - Dior is a generational talent.
Like Pearl was.

And Pearl was not a plus athlete, and had very much a below the rim game.
But he had insane skills.
Which is why he dominated in HS and college, but not in the NBA.

So, while ideally Dior can gain physically, it’s not mandatory for his success in college.
Pearl had the best handle of any player i have ever watched.

Pearl had the best handle of any player i have ever watched.

What held Pearl back in the NBA was the lack of a reliable jump shot. It was a concern before the draft and it ended up justified. Too big, too strong, and too good with the ball for college guys to stop him, but not in the NBA. If he had been a good shooter with a true jump shot, he would have starred in the NBA, too.

What held Pearl back in the NBA was the lack of a reliable jump shot. It was a concern before the draft and it ended up justified. Too big, too strong, and too good with the ball for college guys to stop him, but not in the NBA. If he had been a good shooter with a true jump shot, he would have starred in the NBA, too.
Watching the Pearl bringing the ball upcourt using an unbreakable string of behind the back crossovers was an unforgettable sight. Never seen it before or since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom