Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 63 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good call. They have similar mindsets for sure. Both want the ball, are fearless no matter what situation they are in, and they expect to make a play. Dior does still have a ways to go to prove he’s clutch under pressure at the next level, but I doubt it takes him long to show the world how good he is on the big stage. Crazy that he’s already this special at only 16, but that’s how it goes these days, and we’re just lucky to finally get one of these top kids again that really wants to do something big here. More along the lines of a Melo one and done, than a McCullough one and done. No disrespect to Chris, especially with the injury, but it is what it is.

It’s going to be a ridiculously exciting season for his year here, and that’s an understatement to say the least. He’s the type of kid that doesn’t deserve to be compared to anyone, but that’s what we do as fans, so no worries. Can’t wait for him to continue creating his own legacy at SU, as long as I’m blessed enough to still be alive, and kicking. The stars have aligned to give JB the send off he deserves. It goes without saying that it would be a storybook ending to an epic career, if Dior was able to help lead us to Jim’s farewell championship.

But hey, we don’t even have to jump that far ahead yet. Who knows. It may very well end up being a season in which we’re looking to repeat after a senior Buddy led squad cut down the nets in 2022. A man can dream, but it certainly wouldn’t shock me if we make a run in ‘21-‘22, with all the talent, and experience we should have. Especially if AG, and QG are still around. Throw in JG, and we’re led by the three G’s and a Buddy. Or Buddy, and the three G’s.

I think Dior's confidence is not as much a selfish confidence like Kyrie. Obviously that is a view from afar watching videos but the kid has the kind of moxie that is more than stats- a real winner. There are talented PG's you see come in every year. Then you see a few rare ones who go out there and are sizing up the opponent and licking their chops every single game they walk out there. That is what this kid brings from how I see it.

I think Dior's confidence is not as much a selfish confidence like Kyrie. Obviously that is a view from afar watching videos but the kid has the kind of moxie that is more than stats- a real winner. There are talented PG's you see come in every year. Then you see a few rare ones who go out there and are sizing up the opponent and licking their chops every single game they walk out there. That is what this kid brings from how I see it.

Agree with that completely. He has the type of confidence that you want on your team. Sure, it may bug opposing fans, but they would love him if he were on their team. It’s been a while since we’ve had a kid like this. Flynn comes to mind. I don’t think Dior is selfish, or all that arrogant. He just knows he’s unstoppable, and may let you know about it.

Just curious. What’s the record number of pages on a basketball recruit ? Who and when? I’m very interested if this will break that record ... because we got a longggg way to go lol

Just curious. What’s the record number of pages on a basketball recruit ? Who and when? I’m very interested if this will break that record ... because we got a longggg way to go lol
Tobias Harris? Dajuan Coleman?

This was the last game in Dior's season.

First of all the kid is the real deal. He had 21 in the first half and finished with 33pts, 3ast, 6rebs, 3stls, 14/21FGM/FGA, 4/8 3FGM/FGA, 1/2FTM/FTA. Plus he was robbed on the worst charge/block call I have ever seen.

Second I am happy he is transferring it's 2 man team and the other guy just graduated. The offensive was a lot of your turn my turn. That said the kid is worth the price of admission.

Last edited:
This was the last game is Dior's season.

First of all the kid is the real deal. He had 21 in the first half and finished with 33pts, 3ast, 6rebs, 3stls, 14/21FGM/FGA, 4/8 3FGM/FGA, 1/2FTM/FTA. Plus he was robbed on the worst charge/block call I have ever seen.

Second I am happy he is transferring it's 2 man team and the other guy just graduated. The offensive was a lot of your turn my turn. That said the kid is worth the price of admission.

Dior said he thinks passing is his best asset - Oak Hill will be loaded next year so I think his assist numbers go way up. Bonus - he gets 2 years with Cruz, if they love playing together it could be a no brainer for him to come here too

That one and Andrew White stand out to me.
The 3 Andrew White threads (the third was called Andre White III the third), the 2 Quade Green threads, and the 2 Taurean Thompson threads stand out. The fact they were locked and started up fresh multiple times tells you all you need to know about how those recruitments went.

I'll take a look a bit later, but recently, the Patrick Tapé thread is at 68 pages.

Dior said he thinks passing is his best asset - Oak Hill will be loaded next year so I think his assist numbers go way up. Bonus - he gets 2 years with Cruz, if they love playing together it could be a no brainer for him to come here too
His teammates missed several bunnies in that game.

I'll take a look a bit later, but recently, the Patrick Tapé thread is at 68 pages.
So, here we go.

And the winner for longest thread on the BB Recruiting Forum is...

Joe Girard III!!!

I looked at threads that had 60+ pages. Here they are:

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
The issue I have with your metrics is this:
Did you add the 2 Quade threads together?
Did you add the 2 Tucker threads together, one for each forum? ;)
Lastly, I’m wondering if you added the 37 Taurean Thompson threads together.
Edit: my mistake, I see the Andrew White doubles now. I still think those numbers need to be added together. Maybe even multiplied cause of the drama!

Last edited:
The issue I have with your metrics is this:
Did you add the 2 Quade threads together?
Did you add the 2 Tucker threads together, one for each forum? ;)
Lastly, I’m wondering if you added the 37 Taurean Thompson threads together.
Edit: my mistake, I see the Andrew White doubles now. I still think those numbers need to be added together. Maybe even multiplied cause of the drama!
For simplicity, I looked at individual threads, without adding them together. Technically, each thread is separate, so if we are searching for the longest thread (which was the question asked), they shouldn't be consolidated.

But if you want to give it a go... :)

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
All time leading scorer in NYS HS basketball history.

All time leading recruiting thread in Syracusefan.com history.

Joe is on top of the world.

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
One note: Please add 50 pages to each thread to account for deleted or moved posts. :p

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​

this just made my year. Incredible. Totally forgot about Diagne. Wow

For simplicity, I looked at individual threads, without adding them together. Technically, each thread is separate, so if we are searching for the longest thread (which was the question asked), they shouldn't be consolidated.

But if you want to give it a go... :)
Way too lazy. I’m going to use the 15 minutes of sun I took in at the beach as an excuse.

Kinda shocked Tape had more than Bazley
Which one - Bazley OSU, Bazley SU, Bazley G League, Bazley New Balance, or Bazley NBA? Are you talking about the first thing or the second thing? Did you talk to the guy?
VagueFloweryBengaltiger-size_restricted.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors