Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Page 64 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, here we go.

And the winner for longest thread on the BB Recruiting Forum is...

Joe Girard III!!!

I looked at threads that had 60+ pages. Here they are:

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
The feels

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
Akok should really be at 49 each.

I legitimately don’t remember the Andrew White recruitment at all. Had no idea it was eventful before these posts. I must have taken a leave of absence from the forum at that point for some reason.

Edit: ah, I think this all went down during my BS academic integrity case my senior year at SU. Ended up resulting in the professor getting fired and me nearly failing a course I had gotten straight A’s in. Good times.

The issue I have with your metrics is this:
Did you add the 2 Quade threads together?
Did you add the 2 Tucker threads together, one for each forum? ;)
Lastly, I’m wondering if you added the 37 Taurean Thompson threads together.
Edit: my mistake, I see the Andrew White doubles now. I still think those numbers need to be added together. Maybe even multiplied cause of the drama!
Agreed. The first QG and AW3 threads were locked.. hence a second thread started for each. I think the same thing happened with Andre Jackson. One of those recruitments may have had a third thread if I'm not mistaken. Some kids got moved to the main basketball board.

We still have plenty of time for Dior to climb our ranks...

Agreed. The first QG and AW3 threads were locked.. hence a second thread started for each. I think the same thing happened with Andre Jackson. One of those recruitments may have had a third thread if I'm not mistaken. Some kids got moved to the main basketball board.

We still have plenty of time for Dior to climb our ranks...
I hope his is a relatively low volume thread filled with highlights and Orange positive tweets.

Dior (in his Cuse shorts) working on dribble drive off a screen to the rack... (video in story)
Screenshot_20200516-180632_Instagram.jpg

So, here we go.

Joe Girard III!!!

Joe Girard III
192​
Quade Green
186​
Andrew White
186​
Jordan Tucker
182​
Tyus Battle
141​
Isaiah Stewart
132​
Thomas Bryant
108​
Akok Akok
98​
Andre Jackson
94​
Jalen Carey
85​
Eric Ayala
78​
Andrew White III
77​
Moustapha Diagne
73​
Patrick Tapé
68​
Darius Bazley
64​
Dior Johnson
62​
Those who don't believe in renewable energy should look at all the energy spent in anticipation, discussion, elation, anger, spite, H0T Takes, sociopolitical derailments, moderator involvement, banishment, infighting, etc. that comes around with each of these threads, only to resurface with next new, shiny toy we are hopeful to get to be Orange!
(And this is just the basketball side:confused:)

That one and Andrew White stand out to me.
The Andrew White one was wild—and it was only a two month recruitment! But Thompson probably takes the cake because that recruitment went on and on. The Quade Green thread has to be up there too.

Dior - you’ve got 2 more years to be the SyrFan hoops ‘crootin’ board GOAT. :cool:

All he needs to do is hint he is reopening his recruitment for 24 hours filled by a firm recommit... We will have a hundred page orgy of recriminations, schadenfreude and finger pointing immediately followed by fifty pages of "I wasn't worried" posts.

The TT's threads were one's that stand out the most to me. They were shut down multiple times because of how off topic they got. If I remember correctly, there was eventually one TT thread that was dedicated for H0T Takes and off topic comments and one that was supposed to be more on point. That was sort of the board compromise to reign things in.

This was posted yesterday. It is from 2 years ago... when Dior was only 14!

A few things-

1- this kid just wow even at 14.
2- He has matured a lot. The trash talking isnt gone but it's not an every possession or shot thing now. He still will be hated by opponents but it floors me the maturity difference.
3- Ok so what is it with people on phone calls at these kind of events? It's rampant where you see a ton of people on the phone mid action. Is everyone really calling their posse about coming down to check this young fella out? Or is just the best time to save money on your car insurance?

A few things-

1- this kid just wow even at 14.
2- He has matured a lot. The trash talking isnt gone but it's not an every possession or shot thing now. He still will be hated by opponents but it floors me the maturity difference.
3- Ok so what is it with people on phone calls at these kind of events? It's rampant where you see a ton of people on the phone mid action. Is everyone really calling their posse about coming down to check this young fella out? Or is just the best time to save money on your car insurance?

I’m just glad that he’s on our side, and not going to another ACC squad. It would be tough for me to root against the kid. I love his mentality, and confidence. The type of player that has been sorely missed for a while now. I’m all for the trash talk, honestly. He has matured though, you’re right, but I don’t think it’s ever been anything vile. It will definitely get under the skin of opposing players, and their fan base. Hell, he might even become a Marshall Henderson type, and be hated by all. I’m looking forward to it. Let’s hope he backs it up in the ultimate way that will leave a lasting impression on all of college basketball by leading us to Houston to cut down the nets. Haters hate winners, and he doesn’t think anyone can stop him.

I’m just glad that he’s on our side, and not going to another ACC squad. It would be tough for me to root against the kid. I love his mentality, and confidence. The type of player that has been sorely missed for a while now. I’m all for the trash talk, honestly. He has matured though, you’re right, but I don’t think it’s ever been anything vile. It will definitely get under the skin of opposing players, and their fan base. Hell, he might even become a Marshall Henderson type, and be hated by all. I’m looking forward to it. Let’s hope he backs it up in the ultimate way that will leave a lasting impression on all of college basketball by leading us to Houston to cut down the nets. Haters hate winners, and he doesn’t think anyone can stop him.
confidence Level at 14 was wow...wish I was that confident at 14 LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors