Class of 2022 - PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA) | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 PG Dior Johnson (NY / CA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
Surprised we don't have a thread on him yet. He is actually class of 2022. Admins: can you add that to the drop down.

MADE Hoops‏ @madehoops 16h16 hours ago
FINAL: City Rocks 67, NY Jayhawks 54 | Highly touted prospect Dior Johnson lived up to the hype, and dropped 29 points in his MADE Hoops debut. The guard attacked the rim well all game, and made scoring look effortless in the showcase win!

Article from last year
Saugerties phenom Johnson lighting up Section 9 — as a seventh-grader

You tube video:
Twitter feed: DiorJohnson_ (@Dior_johnson23) | Twitter

I actually mentioned him in another post i dont know why I didn’t make a post about him. Plays in the same division as my Alma mater. Averaged I think 22 a game last year as a 7th Grader. He’ll definitely leave for prep I’d assume IT wouldn’t make sense to stay at saugerties at his skill level. Only kids that come to mind that have gone D1 from our area recently are Lydon who we all know left PP. Justin Robinson from Monmouth played at Kingston. don Fields from Newburgh currently plays at UC Poly. I’ve seen Dior play about 5 Times and he’s legit for sure. Seen some things where people think he’s too 10 for his class (though early of course)

I actually mentioned him in another post i dont know why I didn’t make a post about him. Plays in the same division as my Alma mater. Averaged I think 22 a game last year as a 7th Grader. He’ll definitely leave for prep I’d assume IT wouldn’t make sense to stay at saugerties at his skill level. Only kids that come to mind that have gone D1 from our area recently are Lydon who we all know left PP. Justin Robinson from Monmouth played at Kingston. don Fields from Newburgh currently plays at UC Poly. I’ve seen Dior play about 5 Times and he’s legit for sure. Seen some things where people think he’s too 10 for his class (though early of course)
Don't forget Tay Fisher from Kingston/Siena although I don't know how old you are.

Rich T HVSR‏ @HVSportsReport Feb 21
Forgot to mention in last night's story on @Dior_johnson23 becoming the youngest player in state history to reach 1,000 points, he has been contacted by IMG Academy, Oak Hill Academy and virtually every other top prep school in the country. A name to watch no matter where he is

This kid needs to be on Cuse's radar ASAP. 38 points last night in his team's Class A semi final win.
Varsity845‏ @Varsity845 17h17 hours ago
#V845 Boys Hoops: No. 2 Saugerties 58, No. 3 Cornwall 53 - Eighth grader Dior Johnson 20 of his game-high 38 points in 4th quarter to lead Sawyers to Class A semifinal win. Dior 11-of-15 FT (8-9 in 4th Q). Zack Swaby 22 points, Will Fredericks 16 points for Cornwall.

Well, he will be on the national radar but he is still an upstate kid, so at least we got that going for us.
No doubt, and hopefully we can play that as well. Good for the kid though he’s going to get the best training in the country over there. Hope nothing but the best for wherever he goes because I want all kids in the area to succeed, I just really hope we get involved at the earliest possible and land him!

No doubt, and hopefully we can play that as well. Good for the kid though he’s going to get the best training in the country over there. Hope nothing but the best for wherever he goes because I want all kids in the area to succeed, I just really hope we get involved at the earliest possible and land him!
Hopefully he will be playing for the City Rocks for the next three years.

He’s supposed to be going to Montverde next year that’s last I knew and what the whole buzz has been. I’ll see what’s up though.

I read in Kingston Daily Freeman article about him being their Player if the Year that his dream school is Duke. Go figure. Get Jimmy Fallon to work on him, Jimmy's a Saugerties grad and Cuse fan!

Don't forget Tay Fisher from Kingston/Siena although I don't know how old you are.
Anthony Gaines, currently at Northwestern, played 1 or 2 years at Kingston before going to prep school. I think Gaines went to same prep school as Tyler Lydon if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Anthony Gaines, currently at Northwestern, played 1 or 2 years at Kingston before going to prep school. I think Gaines went to same prep school as Tylet Lydon if I'm not mistaken.
Cohen and Head were the guards when I was there in school. I use to ride the bus everyday from Skytop to main campus with Head. Not very talkative to anyone but friendly

Anthony Gaines, currently at Northwestern, played 1 or 2 years at Kingston before going to prep school. I think Gaines went to same prep school as Tylet Lydon if I'm not mistaken.
Yeah they both played at New Hampton. Down the road some Hassan French who plays for St. Louis, is from Middletown.

Keith Simmons, up there in all-time scoring list at Holy Cross, played at Kingston with Tay Fisher. Simmons , the last I heard, played professionally in Europe. Fisher plays for the Globetrotters, they call him Firefly. He's one of their most popular players.

Last edited:
My father showed me the clip last night. Don't know if SU is involved, but he is someone I'd start talking to this Summer just to get your foot in the door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom