Class of 2023 - PG Elmarko Jackson (NJ / South Kent) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elmarko Jackson (NJ / South Kent) Offered

Points taken. However, seems like we've been willing to stay in for kids whose recruitment is legit/above board. Not necessarily saying Jackson's isn't (though signs are pointing otherwise), but JB made clear long ago he'll have no part when special reque$t$ are made - so, not disagreeing with you, just stressing what I see as the added caveat to why/when the SU staff seems to back off...

That's definitely a factor in some cases where we self-select out.

But more and more, I think the answer is with what Sherman20 states above -- that we are increasingly less inclined to stay in pursuit of kids that have lots of options, preferring instead to focus on kids we can land with less competition.

That's definitely a factor in some cases where we self-select out.

But more and more, I think the answer is with what Sherman20 states above -- that we are increasingly less inclined to stay in pursuit of kids that have lots of options, preferring instead to focus on kids we can land with less competition.
It sounds like if we have to grind out a recruitment, this staff would rather take the easy way out and recruit a lower level recruit. This is the definition of lazy. It shows this staff feels they don’t have enough to offer a recruit.

It sounds like if we have to grind out a recruitment, this staff would rather take the easy way out and recruit a lower level recruit. This is the definition of lazy. It shows this staff feels they don’t have enough to offer a recruit.

Another talking point that will now take on a life of its own. Just go to last year and see what kids we were recruiting and dug in to the very end. Flip, JJ, Clinigan, etc.

Not staff…1 person

Another talking point that will now take on a life of its own. Just go to last year and see what kids we were recruiting and dug in to the very end. Flip, JJ, Clinigan, etc.
Not exactly going to build up frequent flyer miles recruiting those three you mention, either.

"Talking point?" Us being involved with kids early and for a lengthy period of time isn't the same as "dug in to the very end."

We were involved very, very early with numerous high profile prospects for the class of 2022. Westry. Cruz. Lands. Rogers. Starling. Filipowski. Clingan. Barlow. I won't even count Dior in that group, because his absurdity wasn't the staffs' fault.

But we landed none of the above, for various reasons. And in some cases, we really weren't even considered down the stretch, despite seeming to be out in front / in a favorable situation earlier in the process.

I love the class we landed last year. But none of them were guys from the above list. Most of them were prospects we pivoted to after losing out on all of the top guys on our board.

"Talking point?" Us being involved with kids early and for a lengthy period of time isn't the same as "dug in to the very end."

We were involved very, very early with numerous high profile prospects for the class of 2022. Westry. Cruz. Lands. Rogers. Starling. Filipowski. Clingan. Barlow. I won't even count Dior in that group, because his absurdity wasn't the staffs' fault.

But we landed none of the above, for various reasons. And in some cases, we really weren't even considered down the stretch, despite seeming to be out in front / in a favorable situation earlier in the process.

I love the class we landed last year. But none of them were guys from the above list. Most of them were prospects we pivoted to after losing out on all of the top guys on our board.

I wasn’t responding to nor talking about whether we got a player or not. I know who we did and didn’t get.

Not exactly going to build up frequent flyer miles recruiting those three you mention, either.

Who was talking about FF miles? Has nothing to do with what I replied to.

I have been told that it would help if the Head coach was more involved early in the recruiting process. That JB has always wanted to be the closer and that policy used to work more than it does in today's recruiting. Maybe that isn't true. Maybe it is. But what is true is that we aren't getting a lot of the kids we start out after. Add the kid that went to Ohio st from upstate to the list rf gave earlier. Whatever it is, to not make the top 11 for this kid is a punch in the gut.

Who was talking about FF miles? Has nothing to do with what I replied to.
JB doesn't exactly recruit nationally anymore. Kinda, takes the lazy route, and sticks to within driving distance. Not sure our staff is out-working anybody these days.

JB doesn't exactly recruit nationally anymore. Kinda, takes the lazy route, and sticks to within driving distance. Not sure our staff is out-working anybody these days.

You think JB drives to see recruits? Ok. You might want to check where some of our recruits are from. And you think these tournaments are in NYC or something? And besides that, it makes 100% sense to focus on the NE and DMV. Doesn’t mean that all we look at.

You think JB drives to see recruits? Ok. You might want to check where some of our recruits are from. And you think these tournaments are in NYC or something? And besides that, it makes 100% sense to focus on the NE and DMV. Doesn’t mean that all we look at.
I'm sure that's all true. But, when he was spry; JB got kids from CA, TX, LA, GA. And, it seems like the top players, especially big men, are coming out of those regions these days, just like the football recruits. Syracuse is a national brand; we can definitely recruit across the country, just have to want to.

I'm sure that's all true. But, when he was spry; JB got kids from CA, TX, LA, GA. And, it seems like the top players, especially big men, are coming out of those regions these days, just like the football recruits. Syracuse is a national brand; we can definitely recruit across the country, just have to want to.

Bunch was born in Oklahoma, raised in Cali and played prep in Utah. I don’t disagree we aren’t as national as we used to be but most of our best players were from the NE or DMV with a few Detroit kids thrown in. Football we have to spread a wider net as the NE doesn’t have as much as other parts of the country like Florida.

Bunch was born in Oklahoma, raised in Cali and played prep in Utah. I don’t disagree we aren’t as national as we used to be but most of our best players were from the NE or DMV with a few Detroit kids thrown in. Football we have to spread a wider net as the NE doesn’t have as much as other parts of the country like Florida.
That's all I was joking about - JB has his "recruiting corridor" at this point in his career. Anyone outside, usually has some sort of other connection. Isn't Bunch so and so's son or relative, in relation to JB's kids management agency? I just think it's a shame to exclude CA, TX, which always seem to have nice Bigs every year.

That's all I was joking about - JB has his "recruiting corridor" at this point in his career. Anyone outside, usually has some sort of other connection. Isn't Bunch so and so's son or relative, in relation to JB's kids management agency? I just think it's a shame to exclude CA, TX, which always seem to have nice Bigs every year.

Yes, the boeheim kids are repped by bunches step father (?) but that happened well after we got bunch.

Yes, the boeheim kids are repped by bunches step father (?) but that happened well after we got bunch.
Yes. Bunch's dad, Charlie Bell, is Kevin Durant's best friend and personal manager and closely aligned with Roc Nation. So all the negative feedback that JAB received from wasting all those summers with Team USA, is all for naught, as the connections he made during the summers finally paid off.

There is quite a bit of hoops talent in SW Florida who end up being under recruiting!
There is talent for the taking here for any of these kids looking to play in the ACC!

Honestly, the fact that Bill Self was able to get a 5 star without recruiting in person for half of the summer is impressive (even with sanctions).
It’s much easier if you come bearing big bags of money!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom