Class of 2023 - PG Elmarko Jackson (NJ / South Kent) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PG Elmarko Jackson (NJ / South Kent) Offered

Kid is a decent prospect. The fastest in the NE comment is odd- he plays under control and I didn't see the speed as anything special.

Again kid can play but not really seeing anything all that impressive.

Also those lazy passes aren't happening at the college level.

Seems like an effortless leaper and strong for a high schooler. Pretty interesting looking recruit here.

Seems like an effortless leaper and strong for a high schooler. Pretty interesting looking recruit here.
Yeah, I love players like this. Teams that win consistently are loaded with players like this. We should offer his twin brother, Elpolo, too.

You think Mintz is sticking around 2 seasons?

You think Symir is sticking around 5 seasons?
There is a lot of flexibility with the players that we have gotten in 2022 and the players we are going after in 2023. This kid could play alongside any of our guards as either the lead guard or the off guard.

Why are we looking at another point guard for 2023?
Well, you have to be prepared to lose Joe. If we have learned anything, it is that players with remaining eligibility often choose to forgo it.

Judah can play both guard positions. Maybe the staff thinks he might be best suited to focusing on SG later in his SU career, kind of like what we expect is going to happen with JGIII? He might be the PG for next year and then move to SG for his soph season. If he comes back for his soph season.

But I hope the staff has realized with the immediate eligibility transfers now in play, it is insane to run with only 10 or 11 serviceable players on scholarship.

You need to have all 13 scholarships filled every year. You need extra players on the roster for every position, just in case. Because players are going to leave. Or not be as good as expected. And you need a good plan B when that happens.

A player like Elmarko is probably looking for a team where he can start immediately. Can we get a player like him if we have Q and Judah on the roster (let's assume JGIII does not come back)?

I was thinking a player like Trey might be willing to come in, possibly not play for a year or two, but be willing to do it because he loves the school, wants to play in front of his family and for his dad. He might be a better fit for what we have to offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom