Howard Washington | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

I wonder if this means anything about Ayala?

The kid wanted to come here badly. Good to see him get an offer

Ayala may be unable to reclassify to 2017. He won't know for a little while yet.

He can come in 2018.
Or 2017. Need at least 2 guards.
We might, at best, have 1 guard.(Battle)
Someone courtside last game said FH told JB to "F... off."
Kid has some real issues, evidently. Might be why road games are so bad, the team is stuck hanging around with him.

Hallelujah!

Kid will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. If he commits. Will be nice to finally get a kid that says we're his dream school. He will lay it all out there.

Kid has some real issues, evidently. Might be why road games are so bad, the team is stuck hanging around with him.

Yeah, Frankie might not go to Hollywood but maybe he'd like Siberia.

I want guys who want us AND are good enough.

Wanting us isn't the only box that needs to be checked. If that were the case, I would have battling James Thues for the starting point guard spot in 2001. Looking back, I probably should have tried anyway.

I want guys who want us AND are good enough.

Wanting us isn't the only box that needs to be checked. If that were the case, I would have battling James Thues for the starting point guard spot in 2001. Looking back, I probably should have tried anyway.

Is this kid good enough? I know nothing about him.

Wow. Thanks for that nugget. Two words that actually say so much more...

Would love to see Iommi or Francis, both of whom have actually watched him play, weigh in on his game and potential.

Would love to see Iommi or Francis, both of whom have actually watched him play, weigh in on his game and potential.
Me as well. I've watched small amounts of tape on him and think his handle and vision are ok just concerned about his athleticism. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm assuming his shooting will improve. I've mostly watched highlight tapes and not actual games.

Me as well. I've watched small amounts of tape on him and think his handle and vision are ok just concerned about his athleticism. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'm assuming his shooting will improve. I've mostly watched highlight tapes and not actual games.
Your scouting report actually makes me feel better.

I can count a lot of great guards we have had over the years with poor athleticism but good vision and handle and I can count a a lot of guards with great athleticism (tall and short) who have contributed less than we hoped.

I heard he can't dunk. :confused:

I did watch a good chunk of AI games. I don't know about the Monroe comparison. Not saying it's a bad one, Monroe didn't make much of an impression on me before he left. I remember Monroe could stroke it from deep and I doubt HW shoots as well. He will be serviceable.

My take on Washington is similar to Francis' but I'm a little bit more bullish on him. He's very good at getting AI into their offense. He has a nice variety of passes. He looks like an old school point guard. Like a guy from the 80's if that makes sense. He's as far from a John Wall type as possible. He initiates the offense well and plays with a calm demeanor. When he played off the ball, he brought little value. His shot is a bit of line drive and his release isn't lightning quick.

I'm struggling to find an SU player to compare him to. I guess Scoop would be the best comparison as far as their games. He looks nothing like Scoop. I wish Washington had some of Scoop's weight. I found Washington to have a lot of the same positives and negatives Scoop brought. On the positive side, they are solid in getting their team into the offense. Like Scoop, his shot isn't pretty but he still managed to score. On the negative side, they both force the issue sometimes. Howard needs to clean up his passing inside, too many passes to guys who are guarded but at least he looks to feed the post. It's like he knows the point guard is supposed to feed the post so he does so even when the pass isn't there. He can't blow by his guy so he sometimes makes a bad pass.

He's been putting up huge numbers lately. Maybe he needed to learn his teammates better after he transferred?

I saw nothing from him on defense. He was just kind of there. Just tried to stay in front of the guy he was guarding but he's not an impact defender.

RF2044 I wrote the above way back in this thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom