Howard Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

Washington can't commit to the 2016 class. He's 2017 and the only way he's a replacement for Battle is if Tyus blows up and leaves and Quade commits to Temple. I could see Washington as the understudy to a Jr/Sr Franklin Howard.

That's my mstake - thought he was '16.

I'm confused by this whole thing. Why can't he be 2016? The decommit and reclassification I assume means he isn't on track to graduate HS on time? Also - funny with the Ennis comparisons that it was Ennis' dad who was the source for this news. Is this kid somebody we'd really want or no? A guy who could start at SU?
Apparently he left Montverde a few months ago. Never heard of any academic issues with him. So I assume this move and playing at Athlete's Institute(same school at Thon Maker and Jamal Murray) is more about physical development and earning bigger offers. I haven't seen him play since last year and to be honest I haven't been too impressed. Lacks strength, limited athleticism, and struggles to finish around the paint. Solid passer, does well in pick n roll type situations, and is a pretty good three point shooter. We never went hard after him before and I doubt that JB will suddenly get his passport stamped to go recruit him in Canada. Maybe one of our assistants will probably keep tabs on him.

Apparently he left Montverde a few months ago. Never heard of any academic issues with him. So I assume this move and playing at Athlete's Institute(same school at Thon Maker and Jamal Murray) is more about physical development and earning bigger offers. I haven't seen him play since last year and to be honest I haven't been too impressed. Lacks strength, limited athleticism, and struggles to finish around the paint. Solid passer, does well in pick n roll type situations, and is a pretty good three point shooter. We never went hard after him before and I doubt that JB will suddenly get his passport stamped to go recruit him in Canada. Maybe one of our assistants will probably keep tabs on him.
It's kind of weird, Butler seems like a good fit for him.

iubasketball.0.jpg

Would obviously prefer a higher ceiling top 5 PG but could see a guy like Washington being an ok fallback option. Howard should be ready to be a major contributor as a JR & SR and would allow for a more developmental type to come in and back up and play 8-10 mins early on and be ready to run the show by 2019 when Frank is gone.

Haven't heard his name much lately when it comes to SU interest, but I would assume that he's another option at PG for the staff.
So, I wonder if this thread is worth updating a check in now as to where Howard Washington is at if Quade to Kentucky might be real.

JoeyZ said:
So, I wonder if this thread is worth updating a check in now as to where Howard Washington is at if Quade to Kentucky might be real.

He'd be nothing more than a seldom-used backup and would be over recruited in the next class.

But he would provide depth -- just wouldn't give us much.

I think we'll go the transfer route here for a combo guard.

He has a name that sounds like greatness.

Howard, in the likelyhood that he'll stay, will be a star next year with hopefully a final four and national championship under his belt.

Fast forward five months,"no one could have expected Battle to go pro!!"
Yeah I'm planning on Battle leaving, and hope to be oh so pleasantly surprised. He's such a great athlete. There's no way to hide it, even if you limit his minutes!

At this point last year, I didn't think there was a chance Malachi would enter the draft either...
Right now there are 15 freshman projected to be taken in nbadraft.net's mock draft. For TB to be considered he would need to establish himself better than any of them or any of the three foreign players projected as well. Plus it would come down to if he is just happy to be selected anywhere in the first round or does he want to be a lottery pick.

Washington is not a Syracuse level guard IMO. If you want depth for next year get a 5th year PG, concentrate on finding another 2/3 and go for PG's in the 2018 class. Doesn't make much since to sign someone just to sign someone. We did that with Buss Patterson and look what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom