Howard Washington | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

I think next year we get a grad transfer for backup pg. I like Gillon a lot, but I think there's a couple Gillon available every year. A wing who can shoot and score like AW3 is harder to come by.

I like this kid. Reminds me of Sims. I think he would be a good get and a solid 4 year player. He has lots of upside.

I like this kid. Reminds me of Sims. I think he would be a good get and a solid 4 year player. He has lots of upside.
I think he is as athletic and can shoot like Sims. Those aren't compliments.

Francis discussed Washington on his latest podcast for those that might have missed it. I felt he made some good points about letting it all play out and not rushing to sign a warm body. They've seen Washington a few times and never offered for a reason.

Otto's World: Otto's World Podcast Episode 18

Maybe the reason was simply going after larger fish first? Since it appears SU has struck out on that front, they likely will reassess their thinking. Kind of like when you first place your house on the market and someone comes in with an offer considerably lower than what you think it's worth. Then, as the months go by and your house is still sitting there, not only would you now take that 'low' offer in a heartbeat, you'd now take even less.

Maybe the reason was simply going after larger fish first? Since it appears SU has struck out on that front, they likely will reassess their thinking. Kind of like when you first place your house on the market and someone comes in with an offer considerably lower than what you think it's worth. Then, as the months go by and your house is still sitting there, not only would you now take that 'low' offer in a heartbeat, you'd now take even less.

But why take less unless you have to? We don't NEED Washington, it's November. As Francis mentioned, there will be plenty of under-the-radar kids that will blow up this winter, plus, there is always the grad-transfer market. No need to take a lowball offer on the house if there are potentially better offers on the horizon.

But why take less unless you have to? We don't NEED Washington, it's November. As Francis mentioned, there will be plenty of under-the-radar kids that will blow up this winter, plus, there is always the grad-transfer market. No need to take a lowball offer on the house if there are potentially better offers on the horizon.

My response was in general, not specific to Washington. Slice it how you want, but taking less is no different than from shifting from Plan A, to Plan B, C, etc...semantics.

Out of desperation, at this point I think this cat might be our best option outside of going the 5th year route when talking PG's.

Given your past assessment of this kid, there are three reasons why it might not be a bad gamble to bring him in:
  1. With the uncertainty surrounding FH, it is possible that right now we might only return 1 [or maybe none, if Battle leaves] guards next year
  2. Depth in the backcourt regardless of how #1 above works out is currently nil
  3. This kid could be a backup PG, and help address #2 above, until we're able to recruit over him

Last edited:
When I said he couldn't dunk I was more taking a shot at how athletic I find him. Not that he literally can't dunk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom