Howard Washington | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

What's the hold up on giving Howard a scholarship? I mean really? At this point you should take anyone willing to come her e

If people knew what Howard did they wouldn't want him back. I am glad it has never been said on the board but the kid hurt the program.
I don't want him back but if the staff keeps him it means they are more forgiving than me or they can't replace the guy.
You've been riding this a long time. The way it feels recently...I think you better be prepared to be disappointed.

You've been riding this a long time. The way it feels recently...I think you better be prepared to be disappointed.

Yeah, I'm getting a vibe that he will be back too.

I will be disappointed in JB and the staff if Howard is back.
It would tell me what type of program he is running.
Keeping him thru the season would atleast make sense when we have zero depth in the backcourt.

Keeping him thru the season would atleast make sense when we have zero depth in the backcourt.

Watching him interact with players and such over the past few weeks is starting to lead me to believe in the possibility that some of the rumors may have been exaggerated. However, If they're even 75% true I'd understand if he was gone next year.

Watching him interact with players and such over the past few weeks is starting to lead me to believe in the possibility that some of the rumors may have been exaggerated. However, If they're even 75% true I'd understand if he was gone next year.
I don't know what others know.
What I know is a fact and what he did was hurt the program's future.
Other stuff he did was Bush league. If he remains it
Tells me JB can't find bodies to fill out the roster.
Howard made his bed.

Not saying it's right or wrong but I think it's already been made abundantly clear over the years the type of program we have and that's one where we prioritize winning. We don't need Howard back next year to prove the type of program we have when we have countless examples over the years of the staff keeping our guys on and overlooking off the court stuff or just the blatant fact we've been put on sanctions twice in 20 years and kept the head coach. We are 100% not alone in this regard, and again not saying I have an opinion on it one way or the other but the high ground left the harbor awhile ago.

My guess is howard will be back because unless we get a good grad transfer he's our best chance to win at the point guard spot and will be our best third guard option if we do get a grad transfer. I've seen Ayala play, most recently last week against Brimmer May and Reeves, and Howard gives us a better chance to win games next year. I don't think it will really be much of a competition in practice either. Staff I'm sure knows that too which is probably why the stance has softened as reality begins to set in on next years outlook.

And yes I'm privy to all of the Howard details and also where that fits in the grander scheme of everything else thats going on behind the scenes that we should be probably just as concerned with.

Many of them were exaggerated.

Many of them were exaggerated.
What about the one where he bit the head off a live chicken and drank it's blood? Oh wait, that one was about Alice Cooper in Toronto in 1969. Nevermind.

So, is this program about to be disciplined once again in the next few years?

So, is this program about to be disciplined once again in the next few years?

Not sure if this was prompted by my post or not but I wasn't referring to anything illegal or NCAA related. Just meant that there are other things we should be more concerned with than Howard's episodes of immaturity.

Last edited:
SOME of them were exaggerated [one thing in particular]. Others were not.

Some, many, what's the difference? I know what a 100 (that's an exaggeration for effect) people have PM'd me over the past 3-4 months about what they "heard". Most are wrong.

Some, many, what's the difference? I know what a 100 (that's an exaggeration for effect) people have PM'd me over the past 3-4 months about what they "heard". Most are wrong.

I'm sure you have great sources but are those sources any more valid than other people's sources? Some people here have excellent sources and they have heard some of this stuff. I don't believe all of this stuff either. It's also obvious some people like to stir stuff up and others like to strike it down just be a contrarian.

It makes a difference because what you are suggesting is misleading.

That some issues were exaggerated doesn't make the ones that weren't untrue. Howard did some stuff that was bad for the program. In addition to that, some posters accused him of doing some things that weren't true, or became exaggerated via the telephone game. That flat out happened, because those rumors have floated around and many of them have been debunked by now. Doesn't change that he did some stuff that was bad for the program.

some posters accused him of doing some things that weren't true, or became exaggerated via the telephone game.

That's the moral of my story and I have the PMs and deleted posts to support it. And early on those were the things most people took as fact.

That's the moral of my story and I have the PMs and deleted posts to support it. And early on those were the things most people took as fact.

So, if your point is that some things that were heaped upon Frank were untrue / embellished, then that is something that I 100% agree with.

However, there were numerous things that Howard DID do that were seriously detrimental to the program, that weren't rumors, and weren't exaggerated. Taken in tandem, those things would have been legitimate grounds for dismissal from the program, if that's what the coaching staff had decided to do. Your perspective throws the baby out with the bathwater.

Last edited:
Nobody has said what Howard did on purpose. People who have gotten the information know but nobody has said it on the board and if they have it is been deleted fast. Howard hurt the program and that fact hasn't been exaggerated.

Nobody has said what Howard did on purpose. People who have gotten the information know but nobody has said it on the board and if they have it is been deleted fast. Howard hurt the program and that fact hasn't been exaggerated.

A few donks posted ridiculous things that were obvious fabrications. I don't think anyone posted anything that was legit.

So, if your point is that some things that were heaped upon Frank were untrue / embellished, then that is something that I 100% agree with.

and that was my point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom