Class of 2017 PG Howard Washington (NY) Verbal to Syracuse

Discussion in 'Basketball Recruiting Forum' started by AWMKY, Sep 29, 2013.

1. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

No. No NCAA rules issues here at all.

MSOrange likes this.
  2. Orijinal

Orijinal 2nd String

Well thank God for that anyway. Some harsh words being said about the program's future and recruiting being hurt

Louie and Bouie likes this.
  3. o'sully33

o'sully33 2nd String

Not sure if this was prompted by my post or not but I wasn't referring to anything illegal or NCAA related. Just meant that there are other things we should be more concerned with than Howard's episodes of immaturity.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  4. rrlbees

rrlbees Administrator Staff Member

Some, many, what's the difference? I know what a 100 (that's an exaggeration for effect) people have PM'd me over the past 3-4 months about what they "heard". Most are wrong.

5. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

I'm sure you have great sources but are those sources any more valid than other people's sources? Some people here have excellent sources and they have heard some of this stuff. I don't believe all of this stuff either. It's also obvious some people like to stir stuff up and others like to strike it down just be a contrarian.

Alsacs likes this.
  6. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

It makes a difference because what you are suggesting is misleading.

That some issues were exaggerated doesn't make the ones that weren't untrue. Howard did some stuff that was bad for the program. In addition to that, some posters accused him of doing some things that weren't true, or became exaggerated via the telephone game. That flat out happened, because those rumors have floated around and many of them have been debunked by now. Doesn't change that he did some stuff that was bad for the program.

two3zone, Alsacs and iommi like this.
  7. rrlbees

That's the moral of my story and I have the PMs and deleted posts to support it. And early on those were the things most people took as fact.

8. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

So, if your point is that some things that were heaped upon Frank were untrue / embellished, then that is something that I 100% agree with.

However, there were numerous things that Howard DID do that were seriously detrimental to the program, that weren't rumors, and weren't exaggerated. Taken in tandem, those things would have been legitimate grounds for dismissal from the program, if that's what the coaching staff had decided to do. Your perspective throws the baby out with the bathwater.

9. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Nobody has said what Howard did on purpose. People who have gotten the information know but nobody has said it on the board and if they have it is been deleted fast. Howard hurt the program and that fact hasn't been exaggerated.

10. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

A few donks posted ridiculous things that were obvious fabrications. I don't think anyone posted anything that was legit.

two3zone likes this.
  11. rrlbees

and that was my point.

12. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

And mine is: that stance whitewashes the adverse stuff that he did do.

Alsacs and iommi like this.
  13. rrlbees

really? a few donks? you missed the "telephone game"?

14. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

Yep.

15. Alsacs

Alsacs Living Legend

Anybody who posted speculation is an idiot but the kid hurt the program and if he is on the team next year JB is running loose program.
    The stuff you were sent that hasn't been on the board is accurate.

two3zone, djorange1989 and iommi like this.
  16. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

JB has always run a loose ship. That's not breaking news.

SoBeCuse, MSOrange, OttoMets and 3 others like this.
  17. cuse91

cuse91 Walk On

as someone that has no clue what howard has done, I certainly hope he's here next year. our other options would be a returning battle learning the lead guard role or an incoming grad transfer. MAYBE ayala if were lucky

Louie and Bouie and justgold315 like this.
  18. pfister1

pfister1 All American

As to Howard, Washington that is, given our scholarship situation, our particular need at the PG position, the number of opportunities the staff has had to see HW and his apparent strong desire for a Cuse offer something tells me that if the staff hasn't offered it is because they have serious doubts about his ability to contribute here.

For that reason I am good with them not offering. They may have missed on a guy here or there, but over the years they've gotten a lot more right than wrong.

Fly Rodder likes this.
  19. Fly Rodder

Fly Rodder Starter

Which is good, but the staff may have also felt that there were better options than Monte Morris, Ja'Quan Newton, and Devonte Graham. :noidea:

SoBeCuse likes this.
  20. RF2044

RF2044 Living Legend

Ugh...

OttoinGrotto likes this.
  21. Sgt Cuse

Sgt Cuse Starter

No, I don't consider players 1-10 as main components, I meant players that play, that are in the rotation are main components. FH is already in the rotation and I doubt Washington can beat him out. The other rotational guard for '17-'18 seems likely to be a grad trannie. Therefore HW would be a developmental player.

It seems possible to me that the staff is prioritizing the recruitment of rotational players for '17-'18 before addressing the remaining developmental players. I can see at least 2 grad transfers in the rotation next year. The recruitment of the 2 grad players is exponentially more important to the success of '17-'18 than anyone else. It's possible that by not adding anything to the roster, it increases the appeal to grad trannies.

pfister1 and iommi like this.
  22. Deano

Deano All American

Can't have posts like these discussing Howard Washington, this has now become what has Frank Howard done and who has the correct facts.

23. orange79

orange79 Internet Sleuth Staff Member

This thread now becomes SOLELY about Howard Washington.

Take the Frank Howard discussions elsewhere. There are about 14,000 to choose from.

Thank you.

ORANGEsPHK, Ryand877, Deano and 6 others like this.
  24. iommi

iommi Hall of Fame

Howard Washington's been playing some pretty darn good basketball too. There is a lot to talk about. Someone is going to get a very solid college player.

25. two3zone

two3zone Hall of Fame

I kept hearing earlier in the thread that he "wasn't a high level D1 guy", but hasn't Butler been ranked in the top 25 and in the top 10 all season? If he was good enough for them at one point and improved then how in the heck wouldn't he be good for us when we only have 2 guards on the roster next year?

I say sign the kid up.

SUFaninNJ, iommi, SoBeCuse and 3 others like this.
  26. SoBeCuse

SoBeCuse All American

Seriously. Butler has been really solid for years now and ranked most of the time the past few years. They always have good guards. These days I'll take someone who can dribble and isn't a turnover machine.

SUFaninNJ, MSOrange, two3zone and 2 others like this.