Howard Washington | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

He can't be that good. He wants to go to Syracuse.

This is a great thing for this program. I've seen enough of Washington to be confident that he knows how to play. He knows what the right play to make is at the time. Some guys don't have that skill. Occasionally, he forces the action but his turnovers are usually off trying to set up a teammate and trying to jam a pass in traffic, not selfish ones. As his coach says, he needs to get stronger. He will be pushed around a bit but Frank Jackson did pretty well this year in the ACC and he's not exactly jacked.

Good pick up. Now let's get Ayala and we are in business. Ayala is our focus now.

Welcome to the family. So glad that he's finally Orange. Really think HW is gonna be big for our future. In multiple ways.

Those rankings are BS. Brissett and Sidibe are much better than those rankings suggest so I put no stock in Washington's. Have to remember as well that they don't get the attention because they play in Canada.

Hurt Thon Maker so much that he didn't even go to college.

Hurt Thon Maker so much that he didn't even go to college.
I was addressing the rankings. If you look, Thon Maker had a recruiting grade from ESPN, but he wasn't included in the top 100 because he played in Canada. His point was that their rankings are bad, my response was that they don't matter because they aren't really included.

Well we finally have an actual PG on the roster for next year! Great news. Watching his clips this kid looks like he knows how to run an offense and seems decisive. I think in 2 or 3 years we could easily be saying "damn we really lucked out getting HW"

Is it just me, or has Leo become more overtly ra ra Cuse lately? I know OB and HW are playing in Canada but that is my impression lately. He's very prominent in the media in Canada doing those Raptors games, so this really is great for us.
He also has another kid that may really want to go to SU. I'm guessing that is a small part of it.

Or maybe he's just becoming more and more into tweeting?

I played against Warrick as well during the summer. Well, not exactly played - he literally dunked over me during the first minute they let me play
McNeil was the best. Big Perm. Deshaun was great too

Seemed.
Yeah, a stand up guy, a real gentleman. Trustworthy and kind. Salt of the earth. Admirable, honorable and decent beyond reproach.

Getting Howard could easily end up better than if we had gotten Green. Green either would have been a one & done or a disappointment. Let's hypothetically say that HW contributes off the bench for two years and then starts for two years. Generally, post-season success requires strong experienced guard play. It is hard to get that with the one & dones unless the recruiting is at the very elite level like a Uk or a Duke. We are not there. We got to the FF last year on the backs of two 5th year seniors in the backcourt. Unless, we magically improve our recruiting, I think experienced, solid backcourt play will our key to future tournament success.

Greg Davis (yeah, remember him?) also played at Archbold. Wasn't the best player on those courts, either.

Why is it, that we can't take the speculation regarding other players who might help our program from the threads that recognize a new commitment? No one here, knows how any player, that signs with us, will turn out. Also, when we use the thread that would welcome a new commit to slam hi and to offer up our version of a better player. Anyone with an idea, on this, would be helpful. Recruits read these threads.

Yeah, a stand up guy, a real gentleman. Trustworthy and kind. Salt of the earth. Admirable, honorable and decent beyond reproach.

Is there a sarcasm font? You may want to edit your post to "sarcasm"

Getting Howard could easily end up better than if we had gotten Green. Green either would have been a one & done or a disappointment. Let's hypothetically say that HW contributes off the bench for two years and then starts for two years. Generally, post-season success requires strong experienced guard play. It is hard to get that with the one & dones unless the recruiting is at the very elite level like a Uk or a Duke. We are not there. We got to the FF last year on the backs of two 5th year seniors in the backcourt. Unless, we magically improve our recruiting, I think experienced, solid backcourt play will our key to future tournament success.

Pump the brakes. If they got Green, they more than likely get Bamba and Diallo with the possibility of adding another stud. If Lydon returned, in tandem with Battle and Thompson, they'd be a contender.

Washington could grow into a nice piece, but don't kid yourselves. Talent attracts talent. Landing Green would have done dividends for this program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom