Howard Washington | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Howard Washington

Braedon Bayer was a transfer from Grinnell College (IA) that redshirted 16/17. Had #10 last year, but it seems that will now fall to HW.
Believe you are correct but also believe that he is a walk-on.

Well i said if the staff feels good about the 3 guard rotation of Battle Thorpe and Howard. If the staff is not happy with the rotation tgen dobt redshirt him. But why waste a year of eligibility on someone whos going to get 2 mins a game if their lucky? Kid could use the extra year
Outside of the need for a Medical redshirt, I seriously doubt that Mr. Washington will be red-shirted. He has already done one year of prep school and doubt he needs to spend another year building up. Besides that, he may well be the best point guard we have.

I'm high on Washington and think he will be a great player, but 29 points is nothing. I saw Brandon Triche score 52 there going into his senior year. No defense in the King of Kings.

Yeah, Mika Adams-Woods also had 23 in that game... Do like that HW was hitting from distance, though.

just like it was a done deal Frank Howard wouldn't be on team once last season ended, right?

I never said that. I did predict that Kaleb and Frank would not be able to be productive ACC point guards as sophomores, based upon their freshman years. I was correct.
I hope Frank turns it around and becomes an all ACC PG. Doesn't mean I was wrong, but that he changed the equation.

just like it was a done deal Frank Howard wouldn't be on team once last season ended, right?
May very well have happened, but there was also a pretty major change in staff once the season ended as well, in case you forgot.

right cuz Hop would've overruled JB
Overruled isn't the right word there. Plenty of things changed after Hop left. Full court press for Jordan Tucker for one. If Boeheim was so hot for his services why didn't SU make any attempt for Tucker at all between when they cut off contact and when Hop left. Boeheim made all the decisions, right? Hop left on March 19th, JAB and GMac visit on the 23rd. Nothing else changed there.

Ok call me crazy but i think that Washington will end up being a much better addition than Green.
1: He will be with us for multiple years
2: 6'3 vs 5'10
3: Better shooter
4: Seems to be a much better team player. Not the entourage type
5: Ran the point very well for a high level HS team.
6: Thorpe doesnt sign if we land QG
7: He bleeds orange.

there is a paradigm shift taking place in recruiting that coaches must learn to grasp.
for years everyone chased the top 50. now they are all possibly one and done.
lately we've been landing lower level talent who somehow manage to elevate their draft status and bolt early having done nothing spectacular at the collegiate level and fizzle in the NBA. perhaps mr. howard washington can achieve that level of balance now required to build a program without 5 * talent.
steady growth , maturity and real game experience. and a desire to win at this level and earn a college degree to boot.

It will be very easy to be a HW fan. I think the kid exudes class. He will be a multi-year player, but he is better than people think and will not be a four year player. He probably wants to be here more than any recruit we have had in years, which i love.

He does have high D1 skills. However, because he doesn't have 5 star elite speed and athleticism, he will need some time to adjust his skills to the college game.

i think it will take him some time to adjust, but there is no reason he can't eventually be a bigger Ennis.

his physique seems college ready which is a huge plus. Unfortunately find it hard to believe we'll have the luxury of redshirting him.

Ok call me crazy but i think that Washington will end up being a much better addition than Green.
1: He will be with us for multiple years
2: 6'3 vs 5'10
3: Better shooter
4: Seems to be a much better team player. Not the entourage type
5: Ran the point very well for a high level HS team.
6: Thorpe doesnt sign if we land QG
7: He bleeds orange.
Rationalizing since we couldn't get Quade. We'd be in much better shape for next season with Quade. Doesn't mean Howard will be a bad player, but we're not better off with him.

Rationalizing since we couldn't get Quade. We'd be in much better shape for next season with Quade. Doesn't mean Howard will be a bad player, but we're not better off with him.

Put me in the Geno, and HW camp over Quade. I think the chips fell into the right place. Same with Tucker. If you're between Quade, and HW for this year, then yeah. Though, I think Quade isn't the superstar many think he will be. Geno is ready day one, and HW will develop.

Put me in the Geno, and HW camp over Quade. I think the chips fell into the right place. Same with Tucker. If you're between Quade, and HW for this year, then yeah. Though, I think Quade isn't the superstar many think he will be. Geno is ready day one, and HW will develop.
If he was coming to SU you'd be singing a different tune. I think we'll be fine this season with Geno and Howard but I really think Quade wasn't a one and done and we would have been very, very happy if he actually came here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom