Class of 2017 - PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 PG Isaiah Washington (NY) Transferring from Minnesota to Iona

I guess our boy got a little ate up this past weekend..Ray salnave and Keith Williams vs Isaiah and Diallo

We have a not offered this kid? Green is not a lock by any means
Green is the clear cut number one choice of this staff. Washington is at best third. Washington, by all accounts, would jump on an offer. If we landed Washington, we would not get Quade Green. The staff values Green much higher than Washington, so they have not offered Washington. I would guess that in communication with Washington, he was made aware of the pecking order.

FWIW - Buddy talked to Isaiah a few nights ago. He is going all out for that cuse offer (wants it badly). He was originally invited to the cuse camp but we took the offer away (can't believe we did that) because of Q coming. We told Isaiah that we have 4 pgs ahead of him (again, WHY!).
Isaiah isn't leaning to any schools and the whole staying in NYC thing isn't true. Visited Uconn yesterday. My point of contact thinks he ends up at providence but St John is going to swing and miss on Duval so they will press Washington after.

FWIW - Buddy talked to Isaiah a few nights ago. He is going all out for that cuse offer (wants it badly). He was originally invited to the cuse camp but we took the offer away (can't believe we did that) because of Q coming. We told Isaiah that we have 4 pgs ahead of him (again, WHY!).
Isaiah isn't leaning to any schools and the whole staying in NYC thing isn't true. Visited Uconn yesterday. My point of contact thinks he ends up at providence but St John is going to swing and miss on Duval so they will press Washington after.
interesting, thanks

Nice info...Green, Coleman obviously. Wonder who the third is, doubt its Alvarado.

PauliePeppas said:
Nice info...Green, Coleman obviously. Wonder who the third is, doubt its Alvarado.

Maybe Duval was being considered at that time.

I just dont think Coleman is all that realistic of an option? Maybe I'm wrong on that

Yeah, but who. And it is four ahead of him. Even if Alvarado were one, who would another be?
Thats the million dollar question
Lonnie. Combo and mentioned he wanted PG duties at one point, I thought. Not sure about this, but it's a possibility, however unlikely he stays full time point. Still as a combo, add Frankie, Battle might still be around. Could be workable and some scary zone goings on.

I think I want Washington more than QG.
I can respect that, why? Personally, I like Isaiah Washington, but I prefer Quade for a number of reasons. I see Quade as more of an organized basketball point guard, whereas Isaiah can function in organized basketball, but thrives in all star game/park ball one-on-one style. That doesn't always translate, but could. Also, Quade has a network of friends that all enjoy playing with him. We have many openings to fill in the class of 2017. It would be nice to start with a point guard of the quality of Quade and then have him go to work on his friends.

I can respect that, why? Personally, I like Isaiah Washington, but I prefer Quade for a number of reasons. I see Quade as more of an organized basketball point guard, whereas Isaiah can function in organized basketball, but thrives in all star game/park ball one-on-one style. That doesn't always translate, but could. Also, Quade has a network of friends that all enjoy playing with him. We have many openings to fill in the class of 2017. It would be nice to start with a point guard of the quality of Quade and then have him go to work on his friends.

Agreed. I'm intrigued with Washington--he strikes me as an Eric Bledsoe type of player. Would love to land BOTH Green and Washington, since we have so much room in this class.

But Green would be a huge "get," if for no other reason than the recruiting benefit landing him would provide. He's about as close to a "must get" recruit as we've had in a long time.

Agreed. I'm intrigued with Washington--he strikes me as an Eric Bledsoe type of player. Would love to land BOTH Green and Washington, since we have so much room in this class.

But Green would be a huge "get," if for no other reason than the recruiting benefit landing him would provide. He's about as close to a "must get" recruit as we've had in a long time.
Agreed RF, would love to have both of these guys. I can see Green being a one or two year player and then having Washington take over the PG spot for the next few years, similar to Flynn and Jardine.

Agreed RF, would love to have both of these guys. I can see Green being a one or two year player and then having Washington take over the PG spot for the next few years, similar to Flynn and Jardine.
I can dig that, but I don't see either of them being too fond of that. I love having Frank Howard here because he could be a starter in his junior or senior year, if need be. Otherwise, if we can land Quade and he sticks for two years before going pro, I would love to make a major run at Cole Anthony. Of course, everyone will be going hard after him, but he is a NY kid and hopefully we will be coming off of four stellar years of 2 or 3 or even 4 final fours.

I really can't see Green being a 2-year guy, especially if he ends up at SU next year. Ha!

I don't know of anybody we are recruiting in 2017 that I would be confident will stay 2 years. Not at Syracuse. We have to assume these guys will all be one and done.

I don't know of anybody we are recruiting in 2017 that I would be confident will stay 2 years. Not at Syracuse. We have to assume these guys will all be one and done.

We're not UK.

Howard
Lydon
Roberson
Cooney and Gbinije last year

I think we suffer from a bit of paranoia...

We're not UK.

Howard
Lydon
Roberson
Cooney and Gbinije last year

I think we suffer from a bit of paranoia...

Look at who we are recruiting in 2017.

Look at who we are recruiting in 2017.

I know who we're recruiting. Roberson and Gbinije were top 35 recruits. They didn't immediately go pro. Could some of the guys go early? Sure, but the odds are against it. I think Green will be great, but he is 5'11. There aren't many 5'11'' point guards in the NBA.

Bamba-1 and done likely
Green-at least 2 years
Randolph, Hameir Wright and Tucker are 2-4 year guys