Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even going to say anything anymore. Just gonna sit back and watch how this one plays out.
C3CxehnWEAAm7e9.gif

Last edited:
Well maybe there is some pause with the Zona visit. Quinerly and other reporters deleted the tweet about the Zona visit.:noidea:

We can only hope. We've seen how those east coast guards to zona visits go :confused:

Last edited:
This dude or 2019 Cole Anthony. Ain't gonna happen but I would actually sign up for a couple of more NITs and/or filling the roster out with walkons if it meant Cole Anthony was going to come to Syracuse.

This dude or 2019 Cole Anthony. Ain't gonna happen but I would actually sign up for a couple of more NITs and/or filling the roster out with walkons if it meant Cole Anthony was going to come to Syracuse.
Yeah, the buzz around him coming to SU would be huge, and bring other big time recruits.

Yeah, the buzz around him coming to SU would be huge, and bring other big time recruits.
Personally, I think this idea that if JQ or any other particular recruit signs that they will bring somebody else along is over-rated.

There has to be an "aura" about a program that will make top recruits want to go there.

In terms of "aura", a few years ago we had a nice bright aura that glowed second only to a handful of programs.

Lately we seemed to have lost our glow.

We need to get it back. Not sure exactly how to do that, but I do know two straight years on the bubble is not what top kids want to sign up for.

I just can't help but feel that time is passing us by. We need to become more dynamic and with it. Winning cures all, but if we can no longer win enough to be near the top of the heap we have to at least become exciting and it is hard to envision the Zone and exciting in the same sentence.

Last edited:
Personally, I think this idea that if we JQ or any other particular recruit signs that they will bring somebody else along is over-rated.

There has to be an "aura" about a program that will make top recruits want to go there.

In terms of "aura", a few years ago we had a nice bright aura that glowed second only to a handful of programs.

Lately we seemed to have lost our glow.

We need to get it back. Not sure exactly how to do that, but I do know two straight years on the bubble is not what top kids want to sign up for.

I just can't help but feel that time is passing us by. We need to become more dynamic and with it. Winning cures all, but if we can no longer win enough to be near the top of the heap we have to at least become exciting and it is hard to envision the Zone and exciting in the same sentence.
I agree, however, if a great player signs early, particularly a PG, he has the chance to influence his friends. Doesn't always work, but it definitely helps.

With Duke, Kansas and Arizona involved, SU can forget about JQ. JB won't battle with the big boys. It's probably why he hasn't even visited the kid.

With Duke, Kansas and Arizona involved, SU can forget about JQ. JB won't battle with the big boys. It's probably why he hasn't even visited the kid.

Then maybe, just maybe, we should also offer some OTHER 2018 PG prospects? :noidea:

Nah. The all eggs in one basket approach has never failed us yet. :p

Then maybe, just maybe, we should also offer some OTHER 2018 PG prospects? :noidea:

Nah. The all eggs in one basket approach has never failed us yet. :p
What about the no eggs in the basket approach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom