Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao what a joke we didn't get involved. We can compete with that list.

There's a difference between not getting involved and not having your interest reciprocated but why bother using logic when we can use it to push the narrative?
Well said

We were involved. He doesn't want to play zone. Simple as that.
I understand why some recruits say this, and I understand why it most likely is used as a negative recruiting ploy against us...but it is such a load of crap!

Last edited:
What the hell is going on with our recruiting

In the last week, we have missed on Quinnerly, Naz Reed and Cam Reddish. Come on, people. Get to work!

In the last week, we have missed on Quinnerly, Naz Reed and Cam Reddish. Come on, people. Get to work!

You'd prefer we got strung along for another 6-9-12 months, and THEN not get any of them?
Because that was the most likely outcome.

I understand why some recruits say this, and I understand why it most likely is used as a negative recruiting ploy against us...but it is such a load of crap!

Why is it a load of crap? Most kids know what type of basketball they want to play. If they see SU as playing a style that they don't want to play, then they're better off going somewhere else.

Why is it a load of crap? Most kids know what type of basketball they want to play. If they see SU as playing a style that they don't want to play, then they're better off going somewhere else.

Yeah, I don't get it either. The kid doesn't want to play our defense and is up front about it. That kid of candor is refreshing. I'd rather that than him coming here and not giving effort in the zone because his heart isn't in it.

Not concerned. We knew there wouldn't be involvement months ago.

We are not for everyone and everyone is not for us. We just need a few key cogs next year not all of them

Oh, I agree. As I said earlier, if the kid doesn't like the zone and doesn't want to play here, I can respect that. It's just that he's a great player from our recruiting area and yet another guy who doesn't find us appealing.

Oh, I agree. As I said earlier, if the kid doesn't like the zone and doesn't want to play here, I can respect that. It's just that he's a great player from our recruiting area and yet another guy who doesn't find us appealing.

So if we subtract the top 15 recruits from 100. Then take out everywhere but the north east I'm guessing that leaves about 20-25

Now, of those 20-25 in the NE we need them to be sized for the zone. Maybe that takes it down to 8-10 guys left.

Out of the 8-10, we need the kid to want to play our system. Let's say 6-8 left.

Just because of our strategy we can recruit 6-8 top 100 guys or roughly around that many. We're killing our selves. It's not Duke, it's not UK, it's us. Simple.

So if we subtract the top 15 recruits from 100. Then take out everywhere but the north east I'm guessing that leaves about 20-25

Now, of those 20-25 in the NE we need them to be sized for the zone. Maybe that takes it down to 8-10 guys left.

Out of the 8-10, we need the kid to want to play our system. Let's say 6-8 left.

Just because of our strategy we can recruit 6-8 top 100 guys or roughly around that many. We're killing our selves. It's not Duke, it's not UK, it's us. Simple.

Yeah, true. Obviously, your numbers are just thrown out there, as you intended. However, I think they are probably pretty close to accurate.

This isnt the whole story of our recruiting funk, but it's a key component. What is frustrating is that when we have gone out of that zone fit comfort zone, it's worked pretty damn well (i.e.: Jonny Flynn, Tyler Ennis).

Last edited:
I understand that. I was saying the fact that it's used as a negative against recruits by saying that if they play zone they won't be marketable as a man defender in the NBA is just ridiculous.

And any outside viewer would realize that if you can do something well that JB is going to showcase that skill. Part of the reason we lose people before they are really great players. They either have one solid skill...like Lydon's jumper, or are a freak athlete...like Jerami Grant.

That too. It's a shame though. Kid is going to be a tremendous college player.

It's a shame but if we're gonna commit to Boeheim for that time, then we need to commit to his system. This kid doesn't want to be a part of this system, and I'm sure and grateful someone hungrier will step in his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom