Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Nova is gonna make Duke, Carey, or a point guard they don't have much eyes on currently as their priority. Let's hope the first or last option. They are big into Duek though so that could be good.

Quinerly is going to be incredible. His handle is unreal with quickness and good size. Can shoot too. Was watching him just now on ESPNU in this SC30 Select Showcase.

Quinerly is going to be incredible. His handle is unreal with quickness and good size. Can shoot too. Was watching him just now on ESPNU in this SC30 Select Showcase.

I really like Quinerly's game and I think he's going to do quite well at Zona.

It doesn't matter what they did or didn't win. Kids want to play there.

It's true. Same with Kansas. They'll get theirs. No shame in losing in two E8s to those loaded Wisconsin Kaminsky/Dekker teams as well. Or another E8 loss to the Kemba UConn title team. They are always formidable. Like they would struggle with Georgetown or St. John's...please.

Last edited:
Remind me what they won.
They haven't made a final 4 or won a title I get that. They are pretty consistently good though and losing to Wisky is nothing to be ashamed of. I think kids want to win but care more about getting drafted. They have had like 7 1st round picks in the last 6 years. It hasn't been every year but they have had success with that.

It's true. Same with Kansas. They'll get theirs. No shame in losing in two E8s to those loaded Wisconsin Kaminsky/Dekker teams as well. Or another E8 loss to the Kemba UConn title team. They are always formidable. Like they would struggle with Georgetown or St. John's...please.
I know people are on here talking about Zona like they are USC or something.

He is really good. Zona is going to be loaded. They are going to push through this year or next. They have to. It's kind of nice being on the west coast after I watch us and ACC teams later on I can watch Zona. This year looking forward to watching UW of course and then USC and Zona will be really fun to watch.

He is really good. Zona is going to be loaded. They are going to push through this year or next. They have to. It's kind of nice being on the west coast after I watch us and ACC teams later on I can watch Zona. This year looking forward to watching UW of course and then USC and Zona will be really fun to watch.

Yup. I wish I lived out there for the hoops viewing and such but I try to power through from ET. Football too. Like you say, it will be fun watching those teams play. Top of that conference will be strong.

I know people are on here talking about Zona like they are USC or something.

I think the question wasn't meant to denigrate Arizona so much as to say it's unusual for a school to have national recruiting appeal and be able to pull guys from across the country. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas all do it consistently, but that's about it. Now all of a sudden AZ is landing guys left and right. It's a fair question; what is it about Arizona that enables Miller and Book to lure guys all the way across the country when every one of them could have their pick of similar schools within a reasonable distance from their homes?

It's a huge decision to leave PA and go to the West Coast to play. It's not like there finding the best tweeners, these guys are all top shelf players.

I think the question wasn't meant to denigrate Arizona so much as to say it's unusual for a school to have national recruiting appeal and be able to pull guys from across the country. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas all do it consistently, but that's about it. Now all of a sudden AZ is landing guys left and right. It's a fair question; what is it about Arizona that enables Miller and Book to lure guys all the way across the country when every one of them could have their pick of similar schools within a reasonable distance from their homes?

It's a huge decision to leave PA and go to the West Coast to play. It's not like there finding the best tweeners, these guys are all top shelf players.

Especially with it being Tucson. Lets face it, most urban east coast kids are thinking "middle of nowhere" and/or "roadrunner cartoons" when they think of the desert. It is impressive how they have overcome the stereotypes to recruit the east.

Especially with it being Tucson. Lets face it, most urban east coast kids are thinking "middle of nowhere" and/or "roadrunner cartoons" when they think of the desert. It is impressive how they have overcome the stereotypes to recruit the east.

I think once they get them for a visit it's a wrap. Tuscon is cool especially if they have those "stereotypes" going in. It's nicer with more stuff to do than Lawrence for instance.

They also put in SWEET new locker rooms/hangout areas in 2015. Gotta keep up with the arms race.

Last edited:
As a west coast guy arizona is probably the best party school on the west coast the mckale center sells out every night and sean miller is a great defensive coach that will make you better. I mean there is a reason why gronkowski went there.

As a west coast guy arizona is probably the best party school on the west coast the mckale center sells out every night and sean miller is a great defensive coach that will make you better. I mean there is a reason why gronkowski went there.

Over ASU and a bunch of smaller reputation D1 schools like Cal State Fullerton, San Diego St, etc.?

Girls, girls, girls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors