Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially with it being Tucson. Lets face it, most urban east coast kids are thinking "middle of nowhere" and/or "roadrunner cartoons" when they think of the desert. It is impressive how they have overcome the stereotypes to recruit the east.
Exactly. Tucson is landlocked. It's not as if there's a beach like in Miami. Sure, it's warm in the winter and no snow but forget about doing anything outside after April/May because it's hotter than Hades. Even worse, Tuscon is like bland suburban strip mall America boring, no culture to speak of. It's not Austin, which is a cool city. To say nothing of the terrible bigoted politics. I don't get the appeal.

Exactly. Tucson is landlocked. It's not as if there's a beach like in Miami. Sure, it's warm in the winter and no snow but forget about doing anything outside after April/May because it's hotter than Hades. Even worse, Tuscon is like bland suburban strip mall America boring, no culture to speak of. It's not Austin, which is a cool city. To say nothing of the terrible bigoted politics. I don't get the appeal.

Wow. Can't disagree more. No culture, lol?! How about the rich Native American, Mexican, Spanish, etc., influence. The food is outstanding. Austin is becoming a metropolis. Tucson is a cool place. There is some stuff to do downtown. So what if it is land locked? There are strip malls but they are filled with ethnic goodies and not the typical Americana chain garbage. Kansas City is land-locked too but it is one of America's coolest and historic cities.

Not that this is stuff on the majority of most 17-19 year olds' minds but to say Tucson has no culture is completely bonkers. I have a couple of friends who play in the symphony there also and it's a solid group.

Ok guys back it down a peg! All have reasonable points. I don't think the majority of basketball recruits (or 19 year olds in general) care about how good the damn symphony is! Or the culture. Or the food. If they have alcohol, weed, clubs with 18-22 year old women, and glow sticks we all good to go culture wise.

Ok guys back it down a peg! All have reasonable points. I don't think the majority of basketball recruits (or 19 year olds in general) care about how good the damn symphony is! Or the culture. Or the food. If they have alcohol, weed, clubs with 18-22 year old women, and glow sticks we all good to go culture wise.[/QUOTE

You back it down. I admitted that they don't care about that stuff. Hot chicks, chronic, cool campus, parties, etc., of course! But to rip Tuscon is nuts. And the rube who said no culture? Idiotic. It's a very cool place. I don't know one person who disliked it after visiting and I liked it a LOT my one time there.

Girls, girls, girls

Ding, ding, ding. I started watching softball on TV because of the Arizona team. Granted, I grew up being forced to go to softball games with girl cousins, and respect the game, etc. Mainly was great to hang out with their teammates.

Anyway, it seems like a damn fun campus to be on. They haven't won recently, but they have been close seemingly every year.

These kids don't look and say, 'well they haven't had a FF in a while, and have only been close.' They say I'm going to help Zona get that Championship, as I hang out on a campus full of beautiful women.

Quinerly named as player being paid by Arizona. Yikes.

"Dawkins and Richardson then discussed “Player-5,” a high school prospect that Richardson was already paying to recruit to Arizona, according to the documents. Dawkins told Richardson that he could use their money toward that recruitment. Richardson then told Dawkins that “Player-5” would be on campus that weekend.

Five-star point guard Jahvon Quinerly visited Arizona that weekend."

‘You can make millions off of one kid’: Details of the college basketball corruption case

"Dawkins and Richardson then discussed “Player-5,” a high school prospect that Richardson was already paying to recruit to Arizona, according to the documents. Dawkins told Richardson that he could use their money toward that recruitment. Richardson then told Dawkins that “Player-5” would be on campus that weekend.

‘You can make millions off of one kid’: Details of the college basketball corruption case
In my opinion, this info just solidified my faith in our "insiders" information. Because they let us know early on that we were out, and reading between the lines, we could understand why.

So how many bag$ was Book getting? It was Adidas and/or the agencies' calls on which players to target right? Probably the ones swiftest to get to the NBA for a quicker return on their investment. I mean, perspective. The whole rosters from Miami, USC, Arizona aren't being bought. So, which players? Do we know?

For those who didn't read the whole thing:

"On or about July 20, according to the documents, Richardson met with Sood and the undercover agent posing as the financial backer at Sood’s office in New Jersey to pick up the $15,000. The meeting was recorded on audio and video, and Richardson provided his contacts with updates on “a number of players he was recruiting,” including “Player-5.” Richardson described “Player-5” as having “committed to us,” but explained that the player’s mother had asked for money because “she didn’t know what I was already doing for her son.” Richardson then reiterated his intent to steer players to Dawkins’ management group, according to the documents.

The documents also say that, “on or about August 9, 2017, Player-5 verbally committed to attending (Arizona).”

Jahvon Quinerly committed to Arizona on Aug. 8."

His NCAA career is over.

yep, any kid who was part of this with his family is done, they will have to play internationally.
The timing of all this is extraordinary. Screwing teams, coaches, players, etc. and right before the practices start people's predictions and stuff are screwed too. I love it.

Reading into the fallout from the probe has been a lot of fun. For example, during Quinnerly's recruitment I believe at one point he said he wasn't big on zone, and so SU was considered out of contention at that point. At the time, that comment was taken at face value--just another kid who didn't like zone (or whose HS coach didn't like zone...or handler...or whoever was in his ear, etc). Now, you look at that comment and wonder if "I don't like zone" was code for "SU won't give me a bag". I say that only half-jokingly, because I have no doubt there are kids who have legitimate concerns about playing zone. But still, with all the new info. coming out, everything has a new light on it and it's fun to speculate.

Their are kids in the 2017 and 2018 recruiting cycle that we essentially stopped recruiting when we still had interest from the player. Many of us on here were openly skeptical about why...including calling the staff lazy, unable to close, etc. We didn't handle the Hop transition cleanly, and have certainly had some internal challenges. But, if it is as it appears, and we backed off when the "bag" stuff started, we should be proud of our staff. They obviously can't openly defend themselves when we lose recruits or suddenly back off a player that we think we should be targeting. But if we are clean on this deal, and I'm fairly optimistic we are, this is a good look for us. It makes the past 10 years of sanction bullshit look like exactly that.

Reading into the fallout from the probe has been a lot of fun. For example, during Quinnerly's recruitment I believe at one point he said he wasn't big on zone, and so SU was considered out of contention at that point. At the time, that comment was taken at face value--just another kid who didn't like zone (or whose HS coach didn't like zone...or handler...or whoever was in his ear, etc). Now, you look at that comment and wonder if "I don't like zone" was code for "SU won't give me a bag". I say that only half-jokingly, because I have no doubt there are kids who have legitimate concerns about playing zone. But still, with all the new info. coming out, everything has a new light on it and it's fun to speculate.
Oh, you mean like this?

FBI arrests Assistant Basketball Coaches in Corruption Scheme

Ha ha, hadn't seen that. Yes, that's exactly what I meant, but you meme'ed me one better!
I got bored and put a bunch of memes together for the FBI thing, and that one came to me this morning. Sudden Clarity Clarence is a really underrated one in my book.

I got bored and put a bunch of memes together for the FBI thing, and that one came to me this morning. Sudden Clarity Clarence is a really underrated one in my book.

Nicely done, that one and the rest of your meme handiwork.

And with that last revelation of a post I have finally...finally...made it to 'Scout Team' status! My god, it only took me four short years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom