Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20170127_212931.jpg

Good event taking place at RC tomorrow. Quinerly, Muhammad and King for Hudson Catholic. Naz Reid and Khalil Whitney for RC. Jordan Walker for Patrick School.

No mention of Cuse in the 6 schools prioritizing him...
:noidea:

No mention of Cuse in the 6 schools prioritizing him...
:noidea:

Six schools have made him feel like a priority so far.

“Seton Hall, Arizona, Kansas, Villanova, Virginia and Stanford,” he said.

Based on his comments and the articles that I read, I think he's bound for Virginia or Villanova. He's an Ennis clone.

Hop is telling these youngins that 100% zone will be RIP once he takes over. People can stop using that against us in the near future.
Good stuff Francis.

Where do you see us with Quinerly? Realistic shot? Or is he Nova bound?

Good stuff Francis.

Where do you see us with Quinerly? Realistic shot? Or is he Nova bound?
Realistic shot as long as the staff is on their grind. Right now we're giving him the Lonnie Walker treatment by not heading out to his school in Jersey to show some love in 2017 so far. We'll see how it plays out eventually. I gotta imagine that we'll turn up the heat for him this spring/summer.

Weird that he mentioned the zone specifically - almost sounds like he doesn't want to play in it
Why is it weird? Put another way, how many recruits come here because they want to play 40 minutes of zone? I think fab may have mentioned it but that's it from the top of my head. As a recruiting factor, it probably has worked against us for a long time behind the scenes. Other coaches sense this and no doubt use this to their advantage, but you have to wonder how many recruits never gave us a second look because we were categorically ruled out.

JB repeating his yearly mantra that we "can't play man" also sounds like the little engine that couldn't...

I think I can't.
I think I can't.
I think I can't.

Last edited:
Realistic shot as long as the staff is on their grind. Right now we're giving him the Lonnie Walker treatment by not heading out to his school in Jersey to show some love in 2017 so far. We'll see how it plays out eventually. I gotta imagine that we'll turn up the heat for him this spring/summer.
Well that doesn't sound particularly encouraging if the staff STILL isn't picking it up on the recruiting trail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom