Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) to Villanova

I have a hard time feeling sorry for some of these kids based on the way their recruitment went. The kid gets money funneled to him and gets unlucky. He is lucky he is not in the Bowen situation right now. I feel the same way about Trevon Duval. He feels taken advantage of but guess what don't go with your dad and meet with coaches and ask them what they can do for your kids brand. Maybe spend some time talking about the offense that will be run, how the program will help you improve as a player and so on.

It would be great if things kept trending this way for Nova. Then maybe we could beat them out for kids from Philly like we did a decade ago.

cuse10

All Conference
Wow something doesn’t go his way and that’s what he posts? Pass...
It's understandable. He hasn't gotten off the bench at all. He and Swider are really struggling at play at this level. I don't think expected to start, but he's getting DNPs. With that said, this was a purely emotional moment and one he should have thought twice about before hitting send. At this rate, transfer at the end of the semester.

Sherman20

2018 Iggy Leading Scorer Winner
It's understandable. He hasn't gotten off the bench at all. He and Swider are really struggling at play at this level. I don't think expected to start, but he's getting DNPs. With that said, this was a purely emotional moment and one he should have thought twice about before hitting send. At this rate, transfer at the end of the semester.
In this ESPN article, one coach says he’s not surprised that Quinerly is struggling, because of Nova’s complex defensive schemes...
"Honestly, I think Villanova's defensive concepts are really hard to pick up," said another opposing coach who scouted Villanova. "That's why most true freshmen don't play."
Studly recruits now struggling to be star freshmen

Top Bottom