Class of 2018 - PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PG Jahvon Quinerly (NJ) Transferring from Villanova to Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hard time feeling sorry for some of these kids based on the way their recruitment went. The kid gets money funneled to him and gets unlucky. He is lucky he is not in the Bowen situation right now. I feel the same way about Trevon Duval. He feels taken advantage of but guess what don't go with your dad and meet with coaches and ask them what they can do for your kids brand. Maybe spend some time talking about the offense that will be run, how the program will help you improve as a player and so on.

It would be great if things kept trending this way for Nova. Then maybe we could beat them out for kids from Philly like we did a decade ago.

IIRC, he didn’t want to play in a zone defense and that was a big reason why he didn’t want to come here.

Wow something doesn’t go his way and that’s what he posts? Pass...

It's understandable. He hasn't gotten off the bench at all. He and Swider are really struggling at play at this level. I don't think expected to start, but he's getting DNPs. With that said, this was a purely emotional moment and one he should have thought twice about before hitting send. At this rate, transfer at the end of the semester.

It's understandable. He hasn't gotten off the bench at all. He and Swider are really struggling at play at this level. I don't think expected to start, but he's getting DNPs. With that said, this was a purely emotional moment and one he should have thought twice about before hitting send. At this rate, transfer at the end of the semester.
In this ESPN article, one coach says he’s not surprised that Quinerly is struggling, because of Nova’s complex defensive schemes...
"Honestly, I think Villanova's defensive concepts are really hard to pick up," said another opposing coach who scouted Villanova. "That's why most true freshmen don't play."
Studly recruits now struggling to be star freshmen

Maybe he should put his name in the NBA draft? Lots of players DO NOT care about college and want to play in the Association at all costs including compromising their education. That's why teams like UVA and Michigan State are always on top because players stay in school. I miss the days when the CUSE had lots of upperclassmen such as Rick Jackson, C.J. Fair, Howard Triche, Scoop Jardine, Any Rautins and many, many others.

Jeesh...college basketball isn't what it use to be that's for sure.

I could see the lunatic Hurley offering him the world and quinerly goes to uconn to play at that mid major. They have been involved with just about every transfer that has put their name in the portal so far.

Maybe he should put his name in the NBA draft? Lots of players DO NOT care about college and want to play in the Association at all costs including compromising their education. That's why teams like UVA and Michigan State are always on top because players stay in school. I miss the days when the CUSE had lots of upperclassmen such as Rick Jackson, C.J. Fair, Howard Triche, Scoop Jardine, Any Rautins and many, many others.

This is an awful take. Michigan State goes after elite talent as well. What education? The dummy classes most of them take in order to keep their GPA above water so they can play? A good portion of these kids would get their application tossed in the trash if it was solely about academics. Theyre using the system the same way the system is using them.

This is an awful take. Michigan State goes after elite talent as well. What education? The dummy classes most of them take in order to keep their GPA above water so they can play? A good portion of these kids would get their application tossed in the trash if it was solely about academics. Theyre using the system the same way the system is using them.

They do, but they only have one top 40 player on their current active roster.

His stats were WORSE than Carey's this year. Some of these top 100 kids come in with big ego's and fail once they receive any adversity.

This is really true. I brought in a top 20 recruiting class this past year. My team currently has loads of talent. Our record sure does not reflect that. What I do have though, is tennis players that have succeeded at every point in their young adult life, and now that they are playing players with equal or better talent, they just quite haven’t grasped how to compete against them. Am I optimistic about our future, yes. But I have learned this year that patience with freshman is truly needed. And I do believe that applies to every sport. Young athletes aren’t wired the same way. Some will perform better and enjoy facing increased competition. Some, it takes much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom